Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George W. Bush Is "Oblivious, In Denial, Dangerous"

George W. Bush Is "Oblivious, In Denial, Dangerous"

Dems Assail White House on Katrina Effort

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/09/07/D8CFHLI01.html

By JENNIFER LOVEN and DAVID ESPO
    Sep 07 12:52 PM US/Eastern

Congress' top two Democrats furiously criticized the administration's response to Hurricane Katrina on Wednesday, with Sen. Harry Reid demanding to know whether President Bush's Texas vacation impeded relief efforts and Rep. Nancy Pelosi assailing the chief executive as "oblivious, in denial" about the difficulties.

With much of New Orleans still under water _ and likely to stay that way for weeks _ Bush readied a request for about $52 billion for relief and recovery along the Gulf Coast, and the White House indicated millions more would be needed later. Congressional officials said they expected to approve the next installment as early as Thursday, to keep the money flowing without interruption.

There was no formal announcement of the details contained in the request, although the Associated Press learned that the government plans to distribute debit cards worth $2,000 each to adult victims of the hurricane.

"They are going to start issuing debit cards, $2,000 per adult, today at the Astrodome," said Kathy Walt, a spokeswoman for Texas Gov. Rick Perry.

The cards could be used to buy food, transportation, gas and other essentials that displaced people need, according to a state official who was on the call and requested anonymity because the program has not been publicly announced.

GOP congressional leaders met privately to plan their next step, possibly including an unusual joint House-Senate committee to investigate what went wrong in the government's response and what can be fixed. Establishment of a joint panel would presumably eliminate overlapping investigations that might otherwise spring up as individual committees looked into the natural disaster and its aftermath.

In a letter to the Senate's Homeland Security Committee chairwoman, Reid, the Senate Democratic leader, pressed for a wide-ranging investigation and answers to several questions, including: "How much time did the president spend dealing with this emerging crisis while he was on vacation? Did the fact that he was outside of Washington, D.C., have any effect on the federal government's response?"

At a news conference, Pelosi, D-Calif., said Bush's choice for head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency had "absolutely no credentials."

She related that she urged Bush at the White House on Tuesday to fire Brown.

"He said 'Why would I do that?'" Pelosi said.

"'I said because of all that went wrong, of all that didn't go right last week.' And he said 'What didn't go right?'"

"Oblivious, in denial, dangerous," she added.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

somebigguy Guest
    $52 billion in relief huh??? How much were they looking for to shore up the levees, something like 52 Million, which means GWBs bumbling only increase that amount by 100 times.

EminemsRevenge Guest
    WHEN Pelosi or any of these other so-called Democrats come up with a bill that GW vetoes, then i will believe there is an opposition party

FDR was president during a depression AND a WORLD WAR...YET he had bills that he felt it incumbent to veto!!!

Think we should pin a last name on Katrina...Chernobyl sound about right

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by somebigguy
    $52 billion in relief huh??? How much were they looking for to shore up the levees, something like 52 Million, which means GWBs bumbling only increase that amount by 100 times.
    On O'reilly the other day, he and some other dude were anylyzing how much money other country's are giving us. To me this is really embarassing because where suppose to be the most powerful nation in the world and were taking money from all kinds of poor countries like Afganistan and Sri Lanka. (which is basically money we gave them)

Holla if you hear me

somebigguy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilosophyGenius
    On O'reilly the other day, he and some other dude were anylyzing how much money other country's are giving us. To me this is really embarassing because where suppose to be the most powerful nation in the world and were taking money from all kinds of poor countries like Afganistan and Sri Lanka. (which is basically money we gave them)

Holla if you hear me
    I hear ya, all that money and the rescued are all couped up in arenas and stadiums instead of in hotels.

911=inside job Guest
    yes sbg, theyre all in camps....

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    ...and another thing, many of the countries donating money to us need it way more than we do. wwaaayyyyy more.

princesskittypoo Guest
    i don't want the money back that i sent to sri lanka. i just want some ditto heads in the white house to get off their asses and help their own citizens and stop given themselves pats on the back.

somebigguy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by princesskittypoo
    i don't want the money back that i sent to sri lanka. i just want some ditto heads in the white house to get off their asses and help their own citizens and stop given themselves pats on the back.
    Hey PKP, you gotta contact the media and your congressperson to make a difference. You also have to tell your friends and family, if you want help with this, let me know.

princesskittypoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by somebigguy
    Hey PKP, you gotta contact the media and your congressperson to make a difference. You also have to tell your friends and family, if you want help with this, let me know.
    i've tried talking with my dad about this stuff. he's completely oblivious. he thinks the media is lying about the situations down in new orleans and that the media just wants to shine a bad story on it because they want to get rid of bush. i asked him about fema dude that said he never knew about the people trapped at the superdome and he gave an excuse that they were too busy to watch the news and know this. i told him that people everywhere in the country knew there were people trapped there word of mouth had to get to him by some way. it's just excuse after excuse.