Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Breaking NEWS: Vatican archives opened to the public!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhereman
    I grew up Christian but only go to Church at Weddings and Funerals these day. Part of it has to do with being fed up with how the Church covered up the Molestations.

I should say that it's not just the Christians that have problems. We all know the problems with The Religion Peace(TM) ISLAM . Here is a nice article about the sicker sides of Judaism http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6898403/.
    Oh man... that's disgusting... he obviously has herpes, and when he "sucks" the blood USING HIS MOUTH, which is disgusting to begin with, he passes it on to the babies. Prick. I can hear him now... "I'm a Rabbi... I'm above herpes"...
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

danceyogamom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhereman
    I grew up Christian but only go to Church at Weddings and Funerals these day. Part of it has to do with being fed up with how the Church covered up the Molestations.

I should say that it's not just the Christians that have problems. We all know the problems with The Religion Peace(TM) ISLAM . Here is a nice article about the sicker sides of Judaism http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6898403/.
    I understand that a lot of religious traditions originated due to the needs of society at the time ... but I don't see why anyone in this day and age would need to hold onto the practice of actually sucking on a baby's open wound.

there is *no* way I would have allowed that to happen to my son.

none of those parents were reported as being orthodox ... what's wrong with them?!? babies aren't born with any kind of useful immune system!!!!

*grrr*

Quote Originally Posted by JFK
    The Knights Templar were a monastic military order formed at the end of the First Crusade with the mandate of protecting Christian pilgrims on route to the Holy Land. In this sense they were the first of the Warrior Monks. The Templars fought along side King Richard I (Richard The Lion Hearted) and other Crusaders in the battles for the Holy Lands. Within two centuries they had become powerful enough to defy all but the Papal throne. Feared as warriors, respected for their charity and sought out for their wealth, there is no doubt that the Templar knights were the key players of the monastic fighting Orders (Hired Killers For The Church :D) Templars essentially invented banking, as we know it. The church forbade the lending of money for interest, which they called usury. The Templars, being the clever sort they were, changed the manner in which loans were paid and were able to skirt the issue and finance even kings. The secret meetings and rituals of the knights would eventually cause their downfall. The King of France, Philip the Fair used these rituals and meetings to his advantage to destroy the knights. The real reason for his crushing the Templars was that he felt threatened by their power and immunity. In 1307, Philip, who desperately needed funds, to support his war against England's Edward I made his move against the Knights Templar.

They believed that Jeesus had conceived three children with Mary Magdalene, who moved to France after the crucifixion. Their progeny married into royalty; hence, there existed members of the French nobility who had divine blood in their veins. The Knights Templar eventually dedicated themselves to protecting the lives of these descendants of Jesus, the Merovingians.

Basically they started as killers for the church, they gained to much power and money, church in return got scared. Churched destoryed them, or did they?
    Who are believed to be Christ's decendents today?
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

danceyogamom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JFK
    The Knights Templar were a monastic military order formed at the end of the First Crusade with the mandate of protecting Christian pilgrims on route to the Holy Land. In this sense they were the first of the Warrior Monks. The Templars fought along side King Richard I (Richard The Lion Hearted) and other Crusaders in the battles for the Holy Lands. Within two centuries they had become powerful enough to defy all but the Papal throne. Feared as warriors, respected for their charity and sought out for their wealth, there is no doubt that the Templar knights were the key players of the monastic fighting Orders (Hired Killers For The Church :D) Templars essentially invented banking, as we know it. The church forbade the lending of money for interest, which they called usury. The Templars, being the clever sort they were, changed the manner in which loans were paid and were able to skirt the issue and finance even kings. The secret meetings and rituals of the knights would eventually cause their downfall. The King of France, Philip the Fair used these rituals and meetings to his advantage to destroy the knights. The real reason for his crushing the Templars was that he felt threatened by their power and immunity. In 1307, Philip, who desperately needed funds, to support his war against England's Edward I made his move against the Knights Templar.

They believed that Jeesus had conceived three children with Mary Magdalene, who moved to France after the crucifixion. Their progeny married into royalty; hence, there existed members of the French nobility who had divine blood in their veins. The Knights Templar eventually dedicated themselves to protecting the lives of these descendants of Jesus, the Merovingians.

Basically they started as killers for the church, they gained to much power and money, church in return got scared. Churched destoryed them, or did they?
    wasn't Charlamaigne (sp?) said to be one of the descendants of Jesus ...
    this is also how the grail was supposed to have ended up in England ... (through Mary Magdalene)