Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking NEWS: Vatican archives opened to the public!!!

danceyogamom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    Be quiet my minion!!! SILENCE!!! You will do as I say and not as you do.
    *pouty look*

I'm sorry God ... I didn't mean it. Please don't send me back to hell ... I'm going to church on Wednesday, I promise. Ashes and everything. I'm even taking the kids!

btw, any good lenten suggestions?

God Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by danceyogamom
    *pouty look*

I'm sorry God ... I didn't mean it. Please don't send me back to hell ... I'm going to church on Wednesday, I promise. Ashes and everything. I'm even taking the kids!

btw, any good lenten suggestions?
    YOU FORGET... I am a jewish oriented God. What, in all that is holy, is "lenten"?

Se7en Guest
    YOU FORGET... I am a jewish oriented God. What, in all that is holy, is "lenten"?
    Lent is yet another drag out guilt trip. The ashes are burnt Palm trees, and the ashes are put onto the person's head. Meant to symbolize Jesus's death and resurrection. People give something up for lent. For example, stop smoking, or for the religious people out there, something holy. People also don't eat meat on Fridays.

danceyogamom Guest
    well God ... father of the son, pinnacle of the holy trinity ...

this upcoming Wednesday is Ash Wednesday ... the first day of lent. 40 days of preparation for holy week (passover, good friday Easter Sunday)

its a time of fasting, pennence, reflection ... typically Catholics give something up during that time ...

Quote Originally Posted by danceyogamom
    well God ... father of the son, pinnacle of the holy trinity ...

this upcoming Wednesday is Ash Wednesday ... the first day of lent. 40 days of preparation for holy week (passover, good friday Easter Sunday)

its a time of fasting, pennence, reflection ... typically Catholics give something up during that time ...
    What do they give up?
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

Nowhereman Guest
    Anybody see The Last Temptation of Christ? I liked it alot better than The Passion of Christ because it explored other possible realities of Jesus. When Jesus was on the Cross he imagined what it would have been like to get married and have a family. In the end he still died on the cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhereman
    Anybody see The Last Temptation of Christ? I liked it alot better than The Passion of Christ because it explored other possible realities of Jesus. When Jesus was on the Cross he imagined what it would have been like to get married and have a family. In the end he still died on the cross.
    I just had this discussion with someone today at work... we were talking about the DaVinci Code, etc... That was a good movie...

I remember when "The Last Temptation of Christ" came out... all of the religious zealots were in an uproar over that movie, just like "Passion Of The Christ".

danceyogamom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    What do they give up?
    anything that is supposed to remind you of sacrafice.

one year I gave up chocolate ... one year I went vegan ...

I stopped giving things up a few years ago, and started trying to be more proactive ... like doing volunteer work etc ...

but I haven't been so good about that since having children

danceyogamom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhereman
    I loved that movie.

Christ was supposed to be human ... was supposed to be capable of falling prey to the same temptations mankind does ... that is why the sacrafice is such a big deal.

I thought the movie captured that brilliantly.