Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking NEWS: Vatican archives opened to the public!!!

Se7en Guest

Breaking NEWS: Vatican archives opened to the public!!!

This is what I would love to see. Relics, files, statues etc etc...

I would be interested to see if they have any proof of Jesus, or stuff of the Devil. Maybe more interesting, to some on this BB, would be the financial history of the Vatican. Who they backed, and what groups they gave money to.

Any thoughts on the subject?

ScottyAH Guest
    Hell must be freezing over...for them to release all they're records. thats ludicris and not the rapper either

Quote Originally Posted by Se7en
    This is what I would love to see. Relics, files, statues etc etc...

I would be interested to see if they have any proof of Jesus, or stuff of the Devil. Maybe more interesting, to some on this BB, would be the financial history of the Vatican. Who they backed, and what groups they gave money to.

Any thoughts on the subject?
    Plenty... I feel that if you're going to have millions upon millions of people follow a religion, then they should have the RIGHT to know what it is they're following. Instead, people are forced to read books like this...

Not everything in that book is true, but it certainly is VERY interesting...

The "Savior" might have had children.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

ScottyAH Guest
    you got any links on this subject...

Se7en Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    Plenty... I feel that if you're going to have millions upon millions of people follow a religion, then they should have the RIGHT to know what it is they're following. Instead, people are forced to read books like this...

Are the millions of people also the same ones who should have access to Goverment records? Seems like both have a lot to hide. Difference is, the Vatican isn't holding back due to National Security.

Are the millions of people also the same ones who should have access to Goverment records? Seems like both have a lot to hide. Difference is, the Vatican isn't holding back due to National Security.
    Right... EXACTLY... we KNOW there are things the church is hiding. Why the FUCK would a Church have reason to hide ANYTHING?!?!

danceyogamom Guest

the virgin mary had children other than Jesus. the book of thomas was intentionally left out because it didn't quite fit in. Every tribe had their own arc of the covenant, and the greek was intentionally mis-translated because having one arc worked better for the writers of the time ...

the minutia of the bible (which is what most dogma is based on) is so far from any kind of historical reality its laughable ...

its also been changed so many times - reinterpreted so very differently based on what was currently happening with politics, society etc that I'm not sure much of it would have meaning to our society now ...

danceyogamom Guest
    They would dispute that ... Vatican City *is* its own country

In regards to "National Security"...

If matters of National Security have information related to corrupt elected officials, who decides what happens to those officials? Do they get off scott-free because the public can't know the information because it has matters of National Security in it? Are there laws or courts for cases like this? Kind of like a National Security Tribunal?

If the answer to that question is that elected officials get off scott-free because it's matters of National Security, then that means elected officials are above the law. That is not the purpose of the Constitution or National Security. There should always be accountability.

And in regards to the Church, they should OPENLY share anything regarding Christ or their beliefs. How dare they withhold imformation which might change people's points of view... maybe even for the better? Who does it serve to keep it secret?

ScottyAH Guest

My thoughts too