Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Axis Of Evil Country, Iran, Offers Aid For Katrina

Axis Of Evil Country, Iran, Offers Aid For Katrina

Axis of evil country, Iran, offers help

http://smh.com.au/news/world/axis-of...772404306.html

September 4, 2005 - 9:16PM

Iran said on Sunday that it was ready to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina in the United States through the Red Crescent.

"We are ready to help through the Red Crescent whenever we receive an official request (from the United States)," Foreign Ministry Spokesman Hamid-Reza Assefi told reporters in Tehran.

Assefi said Iran deeply regretted the death of many Americans and the material damages inflicted on the residents as a result of the hurricane.

The spokesman stressed that there was no political motivation behind the possible aid and rejected reports of "hurricane diplomacy".

Washington and Teheran have had no diplomatic relations for 26 years and, besides Israel, the US is regarded as the main political foe of Iran.

Meanwhile, Indonesia, the country hardest hit by last year's devastating tsunami, has offered to send 200 paramedics and 10,000 blankets to victims of Hurricane Katrina, officials said.

President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono expressed condolences to the US government and Katrina's victims, and asked officials to do whatever they could to help, said Adi, an aide to Coordinating Minister for People's Welfare Alwi Shihab.

The paramedical team, which will include 45 doctors, and supplies will be sent to New Orleans "very soon," said Adi, who goes by only one name, adding that final preparations were now under way.

Pope Benedict has asked the Vatican's central charity organisation, Cor Unum, to coordinate Roman Catholic aid for the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

"We have all been pained in the last few days by the disaster caused by the hurricane in the United States of America, particularly in New Orleans," Benedict said during his Sunday address.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

somebigguy Guest
    Its amazing, all those evil countries like Iran and Venezuela willing to help out and the U.S. unwilling to accept their help.

Quote Originally Posted by somebigguy
    Its amazing, all those evil countries like Iran and Venezuela willing to help out and the U.S. unwilling to accept their help.
    Well... you have to take into account that they may be trying to look "good" in the public eye... my feelings are... if their offers are legitimate, then this says A LOT about them as countries, and as communities. America has paid it's fair share SEVERAL times all over the world... not that I wouldn't do it again and again and again, but now it's our turn.

I think it's possible that maybe countries know this... as a people, we are VERY generous... maybe it's the people pushing the Governments... who knows.

somebigguy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    I think it's possible that maybe countries know this... as a people, we are VERY generous... maybe it's the people pushing the Governments... who knows.
    Yeah, but the U.S. won't accept any help since it will alter people's perceptions of these countries being teaming with terrorists.

Yeah, but the U.S. won't accept any help since it will alter people's perceptions of these countries being teaming with terrorists.
    Ugh... not the U.S. The U.S. Government, and it is starting to open up... a little.

somebigguy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    Ugh... not the U.S. The U.S. Government, and it is starting to open up... a little.
    Bah, what drug are you smoking?

Bah, what drug are you smoking?
    I know the Bush Administration doesn't want to look weak, but I'm almost certain they're getting severely pressured into accepting help from other countries... whether they like it or not...

And believe me... I'm well aware it's not getting where it needs to go..

It's very possible, the "World" (the people of the world), see how inept our Federal Government is, and just feel horrible... Wrong is wrong, no matter where you're from.