Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: “One of the Worst Abandonments of Americans on American Soil Ever”

beltman713 Guest

“One of the Worst Abandonments of Americans on American Soil Ever”

Video
    Click Here

http://thinkprogress.org/2005/09/04/worst-abandonments/

“One of the Worst Abandonments of Americans on American Soil Ever”

The president of Jefferson Parish in New Orleans, Aaron Broussard, just issued an emotional appeal on NBC’s Meet the Press. By the end, he was completely broken down, sobbing uncontrollably:

RUSSERT: You just heard the director of homeland security’s explanation of what has happened this last week. What is your reaction?

BROUSSARD: We have been abandoned by our own country. Hurricane Katrina will go down in history as one of the worst storms ever to hit an American coast. But the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina will go down as one of the worst abandonments of Americans on American soil ever in U.S. history. … Whoever is at the top of this totem pole, that totem pole needs to be chainsawed off and we’ve got to start with some new leadership. It’s not just Katrina that caused all these deaths in New Orleans here. Bureaucracy has committed murder here in the greater New Orleans area and bureaucracy has to stand trial before Congress now.

Broussard then discussed the difficulties local authorities had with FEMA, including one case where they actually posted armed guards to keep FEMA from cutting their communications lines:

Three quick examples. We had Wal-Mart deliver three trucks of water. FEMA turned them back. They said we didn’t need them. This was a week ago. FEMA, we had 1,000 gallons of diesel fuel on a Coast Guard vessel docked in my parish. When we got there with our trucks, FEMA says don’t give you the fuel. Yesterday — yesterday — FEMA comes in and cuts all of our emergency communication lines. They cut them without notice. Our sheriff, Harry Lee, goes back in, he reconnects the line. He posts armed guards and said no one is getting near these lines…

Finally, Broussard told the tragic personal story of a colleague, and broke down:

I want to give you one last story and I’ll shut up and let you tell me whatever you want to tell me. The guy who runs this building I’m in, Emergency Management, he’s responsible for everything. His mother was trapped in St. Bernard nursing home and every day she called him and said, “Are you coming, son? Is somebody coming?” and he said, “Yeah, Mama, somebody’s coming to get you.” Somebody’s coming to get you on Tuesday. Somebody’s coming to get you on Wednesday. Somebody’s coming to get you on Thursday. Somebody’s coming to get you on Friday… and she drowned Friday night. She drowned Friday night! [Sobbing] Nobody’s coming to get us. Nobody’s coming to get us…

911=inside job Guest
    this shit blows my mind... wtf??

It just sounds so evil... they don't need water. They don't need the ability to communicate. Do they want them to die? Do they want to deny them the ability to communicate with the outside world? wtf indeed.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

beltman713 Guest
    Something is going on here that is beyond incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by beltman713
    Something is going on here that is beyond incompetence.
    What do you think it is? I mean, I understand the racism part of it... Christ, Brit Hume almost said it out loud...

beltman713 Guest
    I don't know. But when you've got FEMA turning tractor trailer loads of water and food away because "We don't need it", you really have to wonder what the hell they doing, or, why the hell they are doing it.

I don't know. But when you've got FEMA turning tractor trailer loads of water and food away because "We don't need it", you really have to wonder what the hell they doing, or, why the hell they are doing it.
    "Population Control"?

beltman713 Guest
    Maybe. Marshal law? Get people desperate enough to start rioting?

Maybe. Marshal law? Get people desperate enough to start rioting?
    Martial Law... it's already in affect, and I somewhat agree with it based on the circumstances. Who knows... could it be that the Bush Administration really just didn't care?

beltman713 Guest
    It may be as simple as that.