Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Would Be Your Excuse To Get Out Of A Draft?

rachel Guest
    Who says I'd have the kid? Nah, I'm kidding.

Honestly, if I thought I was going to be drafted I'd just enlist. At least I could have some influence on where I ended up.

princesskittypoo Guest
    i'd just show them my paperwork (certifiably insane)

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    I'd be a flaming homo and start checking everyone out.

Tonya Guest
    uhh, I guess do what some other service men are doing now and getting booted out for, speak against the president and talk publically about 9/11!

Partridge Guest
    "Hello. I am an Irish Islamic Communist and I am VERY VERY interested in joing your Armed Forces. My good friend Fidel O'Jihad says I could learn lots of cool stuff, like how to blow shit up using rudimenatry devices."

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Partridge
    "Hello. I am an Irish Islamic Communist and I am VERY VERY interested in joing your Armed Forces. My good friend Fidel O'Jihad says I could learn lots of cool stuff, like how to blow shit up using rudimenatry devices."
    I'd legally change my name to Mohammed al-Kaboom al-Talabani. Complete with a turbin and beard.

They can go ahead and try to draft me if they want but they'll just be inviting a shit storm in the press after I tip them off.

Partridge Guest
    al-Kaboom
    Brilliant!

AuGmENTor Guest
    I'm too old. I did my time. Thank God I didn't know about any of this crap back in 91 or I woulda been in some serious trouble. I don't take being lied to well.

casseia Guest
    You know what my uncle did back during Viet Nam when he got drafted? He just didn't go. Just didn't show up. Didn't go to Canada, just moved from time to time within his home city. Nothing ever happened. Ever.

You can bet your sweet patootie that if there's another draft, there's going to be so much of this non-compliance that few people will be punished.

If my daughter (7) gets drafted she won't have to worry about it. There's no way in HELL she's going to war and I'll make damned sure of it.

On a related note, I know at least one person who's trying to get on the selective service board (is that what they call it?) in his area, for the express purpose of aiding conscientious objectors.

Eckolaker Guest
    Pretty sure if I got drafted I wouldn't worry to much.

I know I would test radioactive positive for Marijuana consumption, and would promply be dismissed from further duty.