Thread: What The Rally Meant For "The Movement"

What The Rally Meant For "The Movement"

What The Rally Meant For "The Movement"
    July 22nd, 2005 Lafayette Park

Were you lucky enough to be apart of the "D.C. Emergency Truth Convergence" this past July? It took place in Washington D.C., at Lafayette Park, on the front doorstep of the White House. It was a spectacular site to see. People came from all over the country to take part in an event designed to unify those seeking the truth.

The "Truth" means so many things to so many people, but one thing we ALL agree on is that it is an absolute necessity. Without it, we could be coerced into a war, we could be coerced into accepting infringements on our civil liberties, or hell, we could even be coerced into thinking our sons & daughters are dying for "Freedom And Democracy".

Everyone who attended, without exception, were courageous individuals. Speaking truth to power takes courage, and everyone there had it. People like Dr. David Ray Griffin, who reminded us that the media is supposed to serve the people, and NOT the corporations who own them. People like Paul Thompson, who have an uncanny ability to present the facts without a partisan agenda. Someone who knows that using their own words against them is a great tool to educate the masses.

One of the individuals who attended had a heartbreaking story. Dorothy Mackey, sadly, suffered a "violation" by people who were militarily protected. It took a lot of strength for her to come forward with her story, and she should be commended for her efforts.

The big surprise of the day was to see former Bush Official, Morgan Reynolds, attend with A LOT on his mind, and a voice to boot. If you haven't listened to what he had to say, it comes HIGHLY recommended.

Everyone who spoke deserves mention, and everyone should take the time to listen to what they had to say. This rally brought a "Melting Pot" of causes together, and showed us how important it is to be unified in our efforts. Without unity, we have no clear message. Without a clear message, we have no voice.

On a personal note, I would like to say that it was a thrill for me to finally get the chance to meet people I've only known through emails, and telephone calls. Janice Matthews, Kyle Hence, Les Jamieson, Nicholas Levis, and many others.

Also, to get the chance to talk with Ray McGovern, for me, was surreal.

Congratulations to everyone. Thank you for what you do.

Remember... no one knows everything, only together may we find the truth.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

Check me out...

Click Here
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG