Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: May God Bless The United States Military

Rebel Patriot Guest
    A blessing in ritual is actually a blood sacrifice. Blessing's root word is blood-related. It comes from an old english word bloedsain, and the sacrificial animal (or person) was slain and the blood splattered on the worshipers.

Partridge Guest
    No offence or anything, but as an irisher, why should I care *more* about an United Statesian than an Iraqi? Or Afghan? Or Serbian? Or etc etc etc...

There is no God, but peace be with all soldier. They fight cos others tell them to do so. Sometimes its thje right fight, other times it isnt. An end to war is good for us all.

I'm an American... I support our soldiers... I support all soldiers... all people... I made this thread to emphasize a point... people who are anti-war, are not anti-soldiers...
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    The thing I don't get is that most soldiers seem to support the war effort and have overwhelmingly voted for Bush. That could be propaganda but who knows.

Somebody from the military is looking at this thread... That would be cool if they signed up.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

jetsetlemming Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilosophyGenius
    The thing I don't get is that most soldiers seem to support the war effort and have overwhelmingly voted for Bush. That could be propaganda but who knows.
    They have to support their own actions, even if they don't have a choice. What's the alternative? It's not like they can stop fighting. So they try and keep their chin up and hope their doing the right thing, because it's the only thing they can do.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetlemming
    They have to support their own actions, even if they don't have a choice. What's the alternative? It's not like they can stop fighting. So they try and keep their chin up and hope their doing the right thing, because it's the only thing they can do.
    Good call. Otherwise they'd feel like they put there lives (and in many cases have died) for no reason. So since they're there they've got to believe they're doing the right thing. At least that's my perspective on how they feel. Personally if I were a soldier I'd be pissed off about the war the way Pat Tillman was.