Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: May God Bless The United States Military

danceyogamom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    The major media is above... just start sending emails to them, etc... your elected official can be found here...

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/home/
    I will write. I will write every day ...
    but I do believe our history shows it does no good. No amount of protesting has ever ended a war in this country ... at least not that I can think of

Quote Originally Posted by danceyogamom
    but I do believe our history shows it does no good. No amount of protesting has ever ended a war in this country ... at least not that I can think of
    What other options are there?
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

danceyogamom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    What other options are there?
    none ... I'm feeling defeated in general these days, so it can be easy to see the negative.

none the less, I *will* still write ...

Good Doctor HST Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by danceyogamom
    I think that the protests done at both national and grass-roots level in the 60's against Vietnam and for Civil Rights for blacks and women were major accomplishments. When the American public became aware of things like the My Lei (sp?) massacre, and the college students got involved across the country, a major change in mindset about war came about.

Can the same thing happen with this war, a war that both Bush and Cheney gleefully pronounced as a "War that may last for generations.... until 'Terrorism' is defeated"?

Quote Originally Posted by Good Doctor HST
    I think that the protests done at both national and grass-roots level in the 60's against Vietnam and for Civil Rights for blacks and women were major accomplishments. When the American public became aware of things like the My Lei (sp?) massacre, and the college students got involved across the country, a major change in mindset about war came about.

Can the same thing happen with this war, a war that both Bush and Cheney gleefully pronounced as a "War that may last for generations.... until 'Terrorism' is defeated"?
    Let's hope so.

danceyogamom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Doctor HST

can it happen when people fear being persecuted as un-american and treasonous for voicing a discenting opinion?

of course, the suffergets were called treasonous for protesting during a war ... (but they weren't protesting the war)

So maybe? We can hope.

bump

bump

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    "God", or any higher power for that matter, does not interfer with world events, ever. Unless your someone special. That's a fact.

Holllaa!!!

bump