Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: War? What For?

Ophie Guest

War? What For?

So no WMDs have been found in Iraq. The search has been called off. Many people had predicted before this war that none would be found, looks like they were right. What a shocker!! Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of the main reasons for going to war with Iraq the "fact" that Saddam Hussein had all kinds of WMDs and was an "imminent threat" to the security of the US?

Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction.
    - Dick Cheney, speech to VFW National Convention, Aug. 26, 2002

Right now, Iraq is expanding and improving facilities that were used for the production of biological weapons.
    - George W. Bush, speech to UN General Assembly, Sept. 12, 2002

No terrorist state poses a greater or more immediate threat to the security of our people and the stability of the world than the regime of Saddam Hussein in Iraq.
    - Donald Rumsfeld, testimony to Congress, Sept. 19, 2002

The world is also uniting to answer the unique and urgent threat posed by Iraq.
    - George W. Bush, Nov. 23, 2002

If he declares he has none, then we will know that Saddam Hussein is once again misleading the world.
    - White House spokesman Ari Fleischer, press briefing, Dec. 2, 2002

We know for a fact that there are weapons there.
    - White House spokesman Ari Fleischer, press briefing, Jan. 9, 2003

What we know from UN inspectors over the course of the last decade is that Saddam Hussein possesses thousands of chemical warheads, that he possesses hundreds of liters of very dangerous toxins that can kill millions of people.
    - White House spokesman Dan Bartlett, CNN interview, Jan. 26, 2003

Okay so he doesn't have any. What the hell is this war about then? Where do we go from here? And how come Bush STILL cannot admit that he may have made a mistake???

Quote Originally Posted by Ophie
    So no WMDs have been found in Iraq. The search has been called off. Many people had predicted before this war that none would be found, looks like they were right. What a shocker!! Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of the main reasons for going to war with Iraq the "fact" that Saddam Hussein had all kinds of WMDs and was an "imminent threat" to the security of the US?

Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction.
    - Dick Cheney, speech to VFW National Convention, Aug. 26, 2002

Right now, Iraq is expanding and improving facilities that were used for the production of biological weapons.
    - George W. Bush, speech to UN General Assembly, Sept. 12, 2002

No terrorist state poses a greater or more immediate threat to the security of our people and the stability of the world than the regime of Saddam Hussein in Iraq.
    - Donald Rumsfeld, testimony to Congress, Sept. 19, 2002

The world is also uniting to answer the unique and urgent threat posed by Iraq.
    - George W. Bush, Nov. 23, 2002

If he declares he has none, then we will know that Saddam Hussein is once again misleading the world.
    - White House spokesman Ari Fleischer, press briefing, Dec. 2, 2002

We know for a fact that there are weapons there.
    - White House spokesman Ari Fleischer, press briefing, Jan. 9, 2003

What we know from UN inspectors over the course of the last decade is that Saddam Hussein possesses thousands of chemical warheads, that he possesses hundreds of liters of very dangerous toxins that can kill millions of people.
    - White House spokesman Dan Bartlett, CNN interview, Jan. 26, 2003

Okay so he doesn't have any. What the hell is this war about then? Where do we go from here? And how come Bush STILL cannot admit that he may have made a mistake???
    Excellent post... Excellent quotes...

The reasons Bush hasn't admitted that it was a mistake would be because the people that support him's heads would explode.

If he admits that it was a mistake, than 1000's upon 1000's of lives died for nothing. The United States would forever be tarnished by a horrible "mistake".
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

Ophie Guest
    Whether he admits to it or not (he'll never admit to ANY mistake) it WAS a mistake. And all those naysayers turned out to be right. That's gotta sting!

Ophie Guest
    It boggles my mind that they can get away with this shit!!

Ophie Guest
    "The terrorist threat to America and the world will be diminished the moment that Saddam Hussein is disarmed."

-George W. Bush

"The terrorist threat to America and the world will be diminished the moment that Saddam Hussein is disarmed."

-George W. Bush
    Instead... multiply the terrorist threat by 100, and that was the result of his actions.

titsmcgee Guest
    hi sugartits.

-George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by titsmcgee
    hi sugartits.
    How are you doing sweat pea?

titsmcgee Guest
    i was referring to my little inuit f toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    How are you doing sweat pea?

Quote Originally Posted by titsmcgee
    i was referring to my little inuit f toy.
    She's no one's toy but her BF's...