Imagine How Good It Would Feel To Help The 9/11 Families Get The Justice They Deserve

Jon Gold
6/14/2022
UPDATED: 6/15/2022

One of the jobs of an activist is to make your cause look "appealing." Something that someone else would want to take part in.

When you look at the 9/11 Truth Movement, you see countless theories, some of which just sound batshit crazy when you hear them. You see people fighting about who knows the most information about 9/11. Another way to put that is that you see people fighting about whose information is the most important to be talking about. When I look at it, I see those things, but what I don't see is a lot of activism.

I don't see a lot of outreach. I don't see people starting campaigns to... write letters to editors because a lot of times they will post them. Or, a campaign to have freeway blogging again. When I was on the bulletin board of septembereleventh.org years ago, I made the suggestion of freeway blogging. Putting a sign or holding a sign over an overpass. The next day, I saw someone in Utah doing that very thing. That's when I realized the internet can be a powerful tool for activism. Other people across the country started doing it, and I loved seeing the photos posted. Since there are no marches or sit-ins scheduled because of COVID or for whatever reason, that may be something someone can do themselves. Without interacting with others.

As some of you know, I was a BEAST when it came to supporting the 9/11 First Responders seeking healthcare. I would post every story having to do with them and I probably have one of the most extensive collections of articles pertaining to that subject because of it. I worked directly with the FealGood Foundation and helped them to do what they do. I held fund-raisers, which in turn started other people to have fund-raisers across the country for the 9/11 First Responders, and all of that money went to the FealGood Foundation. I was taking part in an absolute good, and it made me feel good doing it.

When John Feal told me that he was told he would gain more traction if he disassociated from the 9/11 Truth Movement, it broke my heart. It broke my heart, but I understood it because it was an extremely important issue all by itself. When I told this story on Ochelli's show, I balled my eyes out.

Eventually, as you may know, Jon Stewart, accompanied by the FealGood Foundation, went to D.C. to fight for the healthcare for the 9/11 First Responders. They eventually got it, and history was made.

It feels good to know that I helped to put the FealGood Foundation on the map, and ultimately had a part to play in the 9/11 First Responders getting the healthcare that they needed. It feels really good to know that I helped to accomplish something so important. If there is anything that I am proud of, it is that. If you were someone that helped the 9/11 First Responders, you also get to bask in that glow because you also took part in an absolute good.

I was sitting here thinking, if we could help the 9/11 Family Members seeking truth, accountability and justice for what happened to their loved ones finally get the justice they so richly deserve, that would probably be an amazing feeling too. Something that would make us feel good for the rest of our lives. Taking part in an absolute good like that. I know I would probably be screaming for joy in my apartment.

Think about how that day affected you. Think about how that day was used to kill, wound, torture, and displace millions of people that had absolutely nothing to do with the crime of 9/11. Think about how they manipulated you using that day. Think about how the families must feel. Really try to put yourself in their shoes. It has helped to motivate me over the years, maybe it will do the same for you.

After 9/11, we were told to go shopping as if nothing happened. If we didn't continue exactly as we were, the terrorists have won. That's what we were told. We came together like never before for 9/11, and probably could have accomplished a lot of good, but we were told to go shopping.

Why can't we come together again for 9/11, but this time, use that love and compassion to get real truth, justice and accountability? It's the right thing to do. I KNOW that deep in my heart. If there was a chance I could be wrong, I would not have devoted the time to this issue that I have. I think you know it's the right thing to do to.

I can't imagine how much good would come from the world knowing and accepting we were lied to about 9/11. We would take away the "power that be's" 9/11 Playing Card. Finally, those lost that day could rest and no longer be used as they have been.

All I ask is that you think about it. Thanks for your time.

Something I thought to do yesterday. Be creative. Be unique. I'd love to hear about what you did and are doing.

Here's a list of things I've tried to do or get others to do over the years:

1) Contact journalists that have written about some of the problems with 9/11. They're already open minded about the issue and maybe they'd be willing to help us by writing more about 9/11.

2) If you're a student, write a book report on the problems with 9/11. Post those book reports for people to read if you can. Let us know what grade you got on it.

3) When waiting in line, ask the person next to you "do you think we were lied to about 9/11?" More often than not they will say yes I have learned. Then get into a conversation and let them know what the families are doing. That's one person you may have reached. One is better than none.

4) If you know how to write, write articles of your own telling us the problems you have with 9/11. I have no doubt that when someone starts to look into 9/11, they will come across problems with what we were told all on their own. Write about it.

5) Committing acts of civil disobedience couldn't hurt. When Gareth and I did it, we did manage to bring some attention to the issue. Many people contacted me and thanked me for what I did. The first time I was sitting in jail for an act of civil disobedience, someone mentioned that I was in "good company." Many amazing people have spent time in jail for civil disobedience. People like Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Rosa Parks, James Bevel, Debra Sweet, Nelson Mandela, etc... and so on.

6) Since we're on the internet, making good images couldn't hurt. Things that are informative and educational.

7) I've wasted so much time trying to reach those "with a voice" in the hopes that maybe they would say something. So much wasted time, I don't know that I would recommend it. People have pulpits and salaries to protect. However, if you see an opening, it couldn't hurt to try.

8) As I said above, write letters to the editor of different news outlets. They will often post them. I can't tell you how many have showed up in my inbox over the years.

These are just some examples of what you can do. Doesn't hurt to try.