I'd Rather Be A "9/11 Truther" Than A "9/11 Liar"

42654678_10155523915285286_5221741455164309504_n.jpg
Made in 2017 (Click for a larger version)

Jon Gold
2/15/2022

Recently, I started two polls on twitter for shits and giggles. Then I thought of an interesting 3rd poll. This one. "Is it worse to be called a "9/11 Liar" or a "9/11 Truther" in today's culture?"

I thought about that. I'm the one that coined the phrase "9/11 Truther," and decided what its meaning was (click the link to find out). I did write a book in early 2012 entitled "9/11 Truther: The Fight For Peace, Justice & Accountability (That is a link to a free copy for download. No one can ever accuse me of trying to make money off of this issue. Unlike some others.)"

I thought to myself "no one has ever really defined what a "9/11 Liar" is. So how could they honestly vote on that subject unless they realize that it is the exact opposite of a "9/11 Truther." I defined a "9/11 Truther" as...

"someone who fights alongside the family members seeking truth and accountability for the 9/11 attacks. In my mind, a "9/11 Truther" is someone who fights for the sick and dying 9/11 First Responders who need health care desperately. In my mind, a "9/11 Truther" is someone who does not like how the day of 9/11 is being used to inflict pain and suffering around the world, and is trying to stop it. Stop it by using the truth. Something we have been denied by our Government regarding the 9/11 attacks."

So, if that's what a "9/11 Truther" is and a "9/11 Liar" is the exact opposite of that, it must be defined as...

Someone who has done nothing to help the 9/11 Families or 9/11 First Responders at any time since that horrid day. Someone that listened to what their TV sets were telling them that day, as well as their politicians thinking "they would never lie to me (and never woke up, and continued said practice)." Someone that has heard whisperings of truth about that day. Either on the internet, during conversations with friends or family, and simply blown off what those people were trying to tell them. Someone that has aggressively gone after "9/11 Truthers" with a vengeance few have ever seen before. Crank phone calls, death threats (please read the section "Problems" in my book) and so on. Someone that purposefully puts forward disinformation. Name calling. Constant name calling. Someone that does their best to belittle what "9/11 Truthers" are trying to do. A Corporate/Alternative media that has taken part in hit piece after hit piece making a "9/11 Truther" the equivalent of a baby killer or a dog torturer (something written by me 1000x). Someone that uses 9/11 to their benefit, be it for war or to make money. Someone that has participated in the Government's efforts to cover up what really happened that day and who was responsible. Someone that openly lies about 9/11, and never admits to those lies.

That should just about cover it. Keep in mind, as I'm writing this article, I'm not trying to create another divide (9/11 Truthers vs. 9/11 Liars). I'm not trying to create yet another "label" (though that is what's happening). I'm writing this article to make a point, and I hope I've made it. There is nothing wrong with trying to help 9/11 Families seeking truth, accountability and justice for what happened to their loved ones, and people should be proud of those that do (not everyone has the time, I understand that). There's nothing wrong helping 9/11 First Responders that are sick and dying. Journalists everywhere should be writing article after article after article helping the families and people like me get the message out. We were lied to about 9/11.

One more thing, a "9/11 Truther" CERTAINLY was NOT a phrase created with the idea that it will represent "right wing" people.

Today when I do interviews, because of the beatings the phrase "9/11 Truther" has gotten, I refer to myself as an "advocate for 9/11 Justice." Even though I've kind of come to hate the phrase myself, as I've said before "I'm proud to be a "9/11 Truther." I WOULD rather be called a "9/11 Truther" than a "9/11 Liar" that's for sure.