A "9/11 Truther" Or "Truther" Or "Advocate For 9/11 Justice" Is Not A Terrorist

Jon Gold
11/2/2013

Today, a "9/11 Debunker" website decided to try and paint the LAX shooter as a "Truther."

I responded with this comment...

Being a "9/11 Truther" does not equate being a terrorist, or a murderer, or someone that's violent.

As I wrote, the "9/11 Truth Movement" stands for non-violent action.

From the article...

"9/11 Truth or 9/11 Justice has ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS stood for non-violent action. This posting from 2006 at 911Truth.org entitled, “Now That You Know, What Can You Do?” talks about “Nonviolent Action.” A post of mine from 2007 entitled, “The 9/11 Truth Movement I Belong To…” says “the 9/11 Truth Movement I belong to is non-violent.” The 2008 Declaration for Standards and Strategies for 9/11 Truth specifically calls for “A dedication to rational, respectful, and nonviolent debate and activism.”

Let’s be very clear, Anyone who acts violently does NOT represent this cause."

Since I coined the term or phrase "9/11 Truther," then I get to decide what it means. As I wrote here (article was cited by the NYTimes)...

"In my mind, a "9/11 Truther" is someone who fights alongside the family members seeking truth and accountability for the 9/11 attacks. In my mind, a "9/11 Truther" is someone who fights for the sick and dying 9/11 First Responders who need health care desperately. In my mind, a "9/11 Truther" is someone who does not like how the day of 9/11 is being used to inflict pain and suffering around the world, and is trying to stop it. Stop it by using the truth. Something we have been denied by our Government regarding the 9/11 attacks.

I am sorry that people have used the phrase as they have. All I know is that the definition of "9/11 Truther", to me, does not equal what those who are against this cause say it does."

The actions of a dozen or so murderers that happen to question 9/11 does NOT dictate that the movement subscribes to violence in its entirety, as can be established.

One could even make the argument that because there are SO MANY people that question the official account, it makes sense that a small percentage might be crazy. It's just a simple numbers argument.

I pretty much speak for myself these days because of people like this, but as a whole, what I said remains true.

Also from the article...

"So, what is a "9/11 Truther?" As I said, it's kind of hard to spin the word "Truth," but the "debunkers" and "media" have jumped on the word "truther." To me, that's an inaccurate phrase because the real term is 9/11 Truther.

Please, don't keep up your "good work."

Do you think they'll listen?