Thread: What Is A "9/11 Truther?"

What Is A "9/11 Truther?"

What is a "9/11 Truther?"

Jon Gold
    9/12/2009

To my knowledge, Nick Levis is the individual that coined the phrase "9/11 Truth." If I am wrong about that, I apologize to the individual responsible for its creation. I always considered that a great phrase because it's kind of hard to spin the word "Truth."

Years ago, back in late 2004, several people in the 9/11 Truth Movement were posting on Howard Stern's Bulletin Board (HSBB) because Howard posted a 9/11 movie on his site, and because there were over 300,000 members.

Former moderator of 911blogger.com, somebigguy, and I met on the HSBB. He followed my postings, and started to do his own. One time, he sent me a private message talking about how he was tired of being ridiculed by the people on the site. I tried to tell him something "inspirational." I don't remember exactly what I said, but it was something like, "you're a 9/11 Truther, don't let them get to you, you're doing the right thing." In the back of my mind, I thought of the term "Quaker." I do live in Pennsylvania after all. As far as I know, that was the first time the phrase "9/11 Truther" was ever used. I liked it, so it stuck. That is the reason the 9/11 Truth forum on my site is called the "9/11 Truther Forum."

So, what is a "9/11 Truther?" As I said, it's kind of hard to spin the word "Truth," but the "debunkers" and "media" have jumped on the word "truther." To me, that's an inaccurate phrase because the real term is 9/11 Truther.

In my mind, a "9/11 Truther" is someone who fights alongside the family members seeking truth and accountability for the 9/11 attacks. In my mind, a "9/11 Truther" is someone who fights for the sick and dying 9/11 First Responders who need health care desperately. In my mind, a "9/11 Truther" is someone who does not like how the day of 9/11 is being used to inflict pain and suffering around the world, and is trying to stop it. Stop it by using the truth. Something we have been denied by our Government regarding the 9/11 attacks.

I am sorry that people have used the phrase as they have. All I know is that the definition of "9/11 Truther", to me, does not equal what those who are against this cause say it does.

I am proud to be a "9/11 Truther."
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

P.O. Butthead Guest
    Wow! I had no idea that term was created on the old Stern board.

Now you do. And I even posted under the name "9/11 Truther" on the HSBB. As well as Gold9472.

P.O. Butthead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    Now you do. And I even posted under the name "9/11 Truther" on the HSBB. As well as Gold9472.
    I still miss that place.

Quote Originally Posted by P.O. Butthead
    I still miss that place.
    I don't. That place, and the "Pirate Stern Bulletin Board" are what prompted me to create my own site.

P.O. Butthead Guest
    I don't. That place, and the "Pirate Stern Bulletin Board" are what prompted me to create my own site.
    That I do know and im glad to see its still here.

I don't come around that much because I choose not to think about 9/11 everyday but I do support your search for the real truth behind what happened 8 years ago.

I was watching the documentaries on the history channel as I do every year in September and im still in as much disbelief as I was on that day. I still ask myself "how can this possibly happen with all our advanced military technology"? It just doesn't make any friggin sense.

Do you think the truth will ever be told?

Or will more lies be printed in the children's history books?

The truth may never surface but the search must never end.

I hope so. Look up www.nyccan.org

P.O. Butthead Guest
    I hope so. Look up www.nyccan.org
    If the referendum passes in November, it would lead to the creation of a local, independent commission with subpoena power that would be tasked with comprehensively reinvestigating the attacks.

I have a feeling it will happen. Too many people demand answers.

We shall see.