The 9/11 Trials: A Message To The Torture Accountability Crowd

By Jon Gold
6/25/2009

A thought I had years ago, more like a "dream," was that eventually, the American people would have the equivalent of the Nuremberg Trials to try those responsible for the atrocities taking place today in our name. In my mind, those trials would be called "The 9/11 Trials."

Recently, I had the pleasure of meeting a hero of mine by the name of Cindy Sheehan. I have followed Cindy since the day she testified in the basement of the House during what were called, "The Downing Street Memo Hearings."

During the Q&A, I asked her why the "peace movement" won't jump on the bandwagon to expose the 9/11 Cover-Up, because in my opinion, if you expose the 9/11 Cover-Up, you end the 9/11 Wars. I know Cindy endorses the 9/11 Truth cause. She is a very brave individual. In a nutshell, her response is something I hear a lot. Essentially, Bush & Cheney both admitted to authorizing the torture that took place. As if to say "we got them dead to rights on that one issue," therefore, let's prosecute them for that.

Believe me when I say that I would like nothing more than to see Bush & Cheney on trial, under oath, for ANY of their crimes.

However, as I wrote in my article entitled, "Torture Was The Only Crime? I Think Not," "making torture the sole crime of the Bush White House, in my opinion, will allow the "powers that be" in Washington D.C. to maintain the "status quo." It will allow them to maintain the system that brought us to where we are today."

In other words, the "Robber Class" wouldn't be affected by holding Cheney and Bush accountable solely for torture. It would not destroy the "myths" that helped to get us to where we are today.

Imagine, under the umbrella of what would hopefully be called "The 9/11 Trials," every crime they took part in, in the name of that day, would be exposed. The lies that led us to war, the illegal wiretapping, the torture (which incidentally is related to the lies we were told about 9/11), the manipulation of the media, our loss of civil liberties, and on and on and on.

If this country were to do as I said, and "hold them accountable for EVERY crime they committed," the system that is destroying this country, would crumble. It would give us the chance to reverse everything that has been done since 9/11, and in the name of 9/11. Remember, we are living in the "Post-9/11 World." As I said in that article, "We can take away their "wand of 9/11". We have a choice. You just have to make it."

On the day of 9/11, and in the days, and months after, this country stood together. We would have done anything and everything to help protect this country from the "evil-doers." Then, using that day, this country was not only destroyed morally, fiscally, constitutionally, etc... but it was also divided. I believe this issue can bring us together again. I believe we can come together as Americans, and do the right thing.

Please consider all of this, and thank you for your time.