Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Counter Argument

Interesting Counter Argument

Interesting Counter Argument

I remembered today that a plane flew into the White House a few years ago. It occured to me that this would be an interesting counter argument to some of our 9/11 statements.

"September 12, 1994: A man, flying a stolen Cessna airplane, entered the prohibited airspace around the White House just before 2 a.m. After passing over the Ellipse, the man, identified as Frank Eugene Corder, crashed on the lawn just south of the Executive Mansion. The plane struck a tree near the South Portico steps and hit a corner on the first floor of the White House. President Clinton and his family were not in the residence at the time. Corder was killed in the crash."

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/ALLPOLI....incidents.02/

Now, knowing this, what would you say if someone said this to you...

"You people always talk about how P-56 is the most secure airspace in the world. That they have the best radar systems money can buy. Well, on September 12th, 1994, a plane hit the White House. Explain that..."

How would you respond to this? I know how I would...
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    You people always talk about how P-56 is the most secure airspace in the world. That they have the best radar systems money can buy. Well, on September 12th, 1994, a plane hit the White House. Explain that...
    Exactly, a plane hit the White House on September 12th, 1994. So you're going to tell me that since then, no one thought to put together contingency plans to ensure something like that wouldn't happen again? You're going to tell me that when Condoleeza Rice said they had no idea they would use planes as missles, that she didn't see this plane hit the White House? It was all over the news if I remember correctly.

*note, I don't ordinarily talk to myself...

princesskittypoo Guest
    Exactly, a plane hit the White House on September 12th, 1994. So you're going to tell me that since then, no one thought to put together contingency plans to ensure something like that wouldn't happen again? You're going to tell me that when Condoleeza Rice said they had no idea they would use planes as missles, that she didn't see this plane hit the White House? It was all over the news if I remember correctly.

*note, I don't ordinarily talk to myself...
    i was wondering....

Quote Originally Posted by princesskittypoo
    i was wondering....
    This is a good exercise for me, and for everyone... thinking about arguments, and formulating counter arguments. Se7en would be proud.

somebigguy Guest
    This is a good exercise for me, and for everyone... thinking about arguments, and formulating counter arguments. Se7en would be proud.
    I didn't even know about that, interesting. They could then use the same argument and say "they fixed things since 9/11" and thats why that plane was intercepted last week.

However, its not about who is right or wrong, the truth is what were after. If something like this is possible, then it should not be an argument we put forth. However, Norad should respond within 10 minutes regardless, so this should not be possible.

I'd be interested to see White House responses that day... what they planned to do to ensure it wouldn't happen again, etc...

somebigguy Guest
    Again, we need Norads mission statement, and we should use that...

Quote Originally Posted by somebigguy
    Again, we need Norads mission statement, and we should use that...
    What is their mission statement?

somebigguy Guest
    NORAD Mission Statement

NORAD continuously provides worldwide detection, validation and warning of an aerospace attack on North America and maintains continental aerospace control, to include peacetime air sovereignty alert and appropriate aerospace defense measures in response to hostile actions against North America

USNORTHCOM Mission Statement

United States Northern Command conducts operations to deter, prevent and defeat threats and aggression aimed at the United States, its territories and interests within assigned areas of responsibility; as directed by the President or Secretary of Defense, provides military assistance to civil authorities, including consequence management operations

From here: http://www.hsdec.org/charter.aspx

911=inside job Guest
    they just want to at weak so we will throw more and more money their way....