Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Washington, DC on 9/11/2005

dz Guest

Washington, DC on 9/11/2005

welp, as it is now there are groups begining to organize a rally in DC on 9/11.. you can find a quickly thrown together blog site about it here:
    http://911impeachpartydc.blogspot.com/

wingTV is trying to get ppl to rally at ground zero, but i am really feeling the DC protest instead..

in any event.. i am going to be taking off a week around this time.. i am going to visit ground zero, and then spend several days in DC protesting day in and day out..

so who else is up for the task? perhaps some of us could meet each other and split hotel costs, the more that come the cheaper it is, the longer we can stay.

whose with me!?

I'm in
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

somebigguy Guest
    I might go, but am not splitting any hotel room with Gold. I'd love to see ground zero.

dz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by somebigguy
    I might go, but am not splitting any hotel room with Gold. I'd love to see ground zero.
    can i assume you are being sarcastic about the hotel?

i am not familiar at all with DC, or what it would cost to go from DC to NY back to DC.. i am way down in louisiana, so i would be flying in, anyone got any family to crash with up there?

somebigguy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dazinith
    can i assume you are being sarcastic about the hotel?

i am not familiar at all with DC, or what it would cost to go from DC to NY back to DC.. i am way down in louisiana, so i would be flying in, anyone got any family to crash with up there?
    Yeah, I'm always being sarcastic.

You're in Louisiana??? Was there some major oil find somewhere along the coast that is bigger than Iraq and Saudi Arabia combined?

I don't know about the geography either, Jon probably knows the details....

dz Guest
    not that i had heard of.. one of the refineries went out for a few days a few weeks ago and that wasnt even reported on.. oil companies are always close lipped, but finding more oil than iraq and saudi arabia off the coast of louisianna sounds like a load of crap to me.

somebigguy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dazinith
    not that i had heard of.. one of the refineries went out for a few days a few weeks ago and that wasnt even reported on.. oil companies are always close lipped, but finding more oil than iraq and saudi arabia off the coast of louisianna sounds like a load of crap to me.
    Hey Dazinith, have you seen this thread:

http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/sho...hlight=partake

I'm worried that any 9/11 rally on 9/11/05 will be ignored by the media in favor of the memorials going on everywhere at that time. Especially with the media being the way it is, I think we need to do something at another time of the year to ensure we get some attention.

Here is the only thing I can find about a Discovery in the Gulf Of Mexico...

http://www.offshore-technology.com/projects/petronius/

"The Petronius field is located in Viosca Knoll, block 786, approximately 130 miles (208km) south-east of New Orleans. It lies in water depths of 1754ft (535m). The field was discovered in 1995 and contains estimated recoverable reserves of 80-100 million barrels of oil equivalent. Petronius has been developed by a compliant tower - the largest free-standing structure in the world. The cost of the project has been put at $500 million. Texaco (the operator) owns 50% of the field and the remaining 50% is owned by Marathon."

The U.S. consumes 19 million barrels a day.

How long would 100 million barrels last?

somebigguy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    Here is the only thing I can find about a Discovery in the Gulf Of Mexico...

http://www.offshore-technology.com/projects/petronius/

"The Petronius field is located in Viosca Knoll, block 786, approximately 130 miles (208km) south-east of New Orleans. It lies in water depths of 1754ft (535m). The field was discovered in 1995 and contains estimated recoverable reserves of 80-100 million barrels of oil equivalent. Petronius has been developed by a compliant tower - the largest free-standing structure in the world. The cost of the project has been put at $500 million. Texaco (the operator) owns 50% of the field and the remaining 50% is owned by Marathon."

The U.S. consumes 19 million barrels a day.

How long would 100 million barrels last?
    The whole world goes through 80 to 85 million barrels a day. That find is a drop in the bucket.

The world consumes a Billion barrels of oil every 11 days... in regards to the future, that doesn't include China, and India modernizing themselves with more cars, boats, planes, and anything else that uses oil...

Do the math from this story, and you'll see that we have 90 years left without including the gains that I mentioned...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5945678/

The Math...
    "Many of those who fear a production peak is imminent base their forecast on estimates of what geologists call the “ultimate recoverable resource” of about 2 trillion barrels of oil."