Thread: 9/11 Claims One More Victim

9/11 Claims One More Victim

9/11 claims one more victim

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...re_victim.html

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 1:04 AM

After Kenny Johannemann shot himself, relatives found a letter on White House stationery in the one-room apartment he shared only with his cat.
    October 31, 2001
    Dear Kenny,

We send you our heartfelt thanks and the thanks of a grateful Nation for your selfless efforts in responding to the tragic events of Sept. 11. Your actions in the midst of this national tragedy were truly heroic. Your saving a man who was on fire by dragging him out of an elevator and getting him to an ambulance reflected the best of the American spirit.

Sincerely,

George Bush
    Laura Bush
    Johannemann was a part-time janitor assigned to clean rest rooms in the north tower on 9/11 and was, indeed, credited with saving a man.

His family says that day changed him, that he became withdrawn and began drinking heavily, falling in and out of work.

Twelve days before the seventh anniversary of the day he saved a life, Johannemann took his own.

The police then vouchered another letter, the suicide note the 43-year-old wrote on Sunday afternoon, shortly before the 5 p.m. deadline his landlord had set for him to vacate for nonpayment of rent.
    "The reason I killed myself was 'cause I was getting evicted and I can't handle being homeless. I also am very depressed since I was in 9/11. I've been drinking way too much and it's ruined my life. I've lost friends and family over drinking and I'm very lonely. There is nothing left for me to be happy about other than my cat. Sounds weird, but it's true. I just wanted to say sorry 2 any people I ever hurt in my life. I really was a good person when I wasn't drinking. I hope people remember that!

Goodbye!!!

Kenny Johannemann"
    On a separate sheet was a plea: "Please find my cat a home. His name is Papa-Boy and he's a very special cat."

The police brought Papa-Boy to the 122nd Precinct stationhouse on Staten Island. The tabby was trembling when one of Johannemann's cousins, Gerald Maya, picked him up. Maya also collected Johannemann's cell phone. He dialed every number in it to pass on the tragic news.

"Everybody I called on his cell phone said, 'I would have given him the money. The guy was beautiful.'" Maya said Wednesday. "Nothing bad on this man."

Maya had offered Johannemann a place to stay, as had another cousin who lived nearby. Johannemann had declined.

"I really can't tell you why," Maya said.

The other cousin, Joseph Maya, spoke of the Johannemann before 9/11; a man who seemed content in his work and who delighted in his extended family.

"He had a job and he was happy," Joseph Maya said.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

krsjuan87 Guest
    this makes me so sick