Thread: Is there a connection between ISI nuke secrets and 9/11?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    simuvac Guest

Is there a connection between ISI nuke secrets and 9/11?

I have no idea, but I thought this part of a recent Luke Ryland blog was interesting. This is from an interview with Joe Lauria, one of the reporters who exposed Sibel Edmonds' claims about nuclear secrets smuggling by US government officials in the UK's Sunday Times. Recall that one of the meetings General Mahmoud Ahmed, ISI Director, had with US officials the week of 9/11 was with Marc Grossman, US Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs.

The whole interview is worth reading, but here's an excerpt referring to the counterclaim that what Sibel saw was part of a CIA sting operation:

Lauria: No, we've never seen anything she told us as official US policy, but more of high-ranking US officials acting in an individual capacity in a rogue way. We don’t have any evidence, nor did she provide any evidence that this has been official US policy, but we do know that the Turkish and Israeli students getting this information, turning it over to Turkish businessmen, who then sold it - and everybody was getting paid along the way here - don’t forget it's about money - including some of the high ranking US officials - they turned it over to ISI.

One of the reasons that they used the Turks is because it would not look good for the Pakistan intelligence to be working inside the US. You know, it's interesting, another point of view with the Bush administration suddenly turning against the ISI for some reason in the last few weeks - but certainly they have worked closely with the CIA for Afghanistan, and also inside the US here in getting this information into the hands of the ISI, and AQ Khan worked obviously very closely together. So why don’t you drop these new designs, new parts, new information was sold - Iran, Libya, North Korea, perhaps, with the help of US Government officials. Now if this were a sting operation, as we understand, I've heard second hand that some correspondents in Washington have been told by their intelligence sources to stay away from this Sunday Times series because this is a big sting going on, and if you publish this you'll ruin the thing - but I mean, as Dan Ellsberg pointed out to me, and I think he's probably said to your show earlier, if that were the case, well they did a bad job, because Iran, North Korea, Libya - so-called enemies of the US got that bomb, or that information about the bomb, and they didn’t move early enough to do that. So this is obviously not true - I don’t believe that it was a sting. I think that is not true, I think that these officials were facilitating this.

simuvac Guest
    I should add that the Grossman meeting was labeled the "most important" by a Pakistani news report.

Grossman is of course deeply implicated in the Sibel Edmonds revelations.

Quote Originally Posted by simuvac
    I should add that the Grossman meeting was labeled the "most important" by a Pakistani news report.

Grossman is of course deeply implicated in the Sibel Edmonds revelations.
    "Is there a connection between ISI nuke secrets and 9/11?"

Sibel Edmonds was brought before the 9/11 Commission by the families. She testified for 3 1/2 hours. It's a safe bet that she mentioned everything regarding the ISI, and Lt. General Mahmood Ahmed.

That is ONE time the 9/11 Commission heard about Lt. General Mahmood Ahmed, and the ISI.

The second time came in the form of a question from the families regarding the $100,000 wire transfer that was allegedly sent on the order of Lt. General Mahmood Ahmed.

Now... according to this...
    October 2003: Members of 9/11 Commission Meet with ISI
    9/11 Commission staff director Philip Zelikow and several members of his staff embark on a fact-finding mission to Pakistan, Afghanistan, and other countries. While in Pakistan, they interview at least two senior members of the ISI. Whether they are investigating a possible ISI role in the 9/11 plot remains unclear. [United Press International, 11/5/2003]
    That is a third time the 9/11 Commission is introduced to the ISI, and yet NONE of that information made it into the 9/11 Report.

Do you think there is a connection? Possibly a rather incriminating connection?

Did Pakistan Influence The 9/11 Commission Report?

Members Of The 9/11 Commission Bribed?

Pakistan Bribed 9/11 Commission

Thousands Of Dollars Spent By Pakistan To Get 9/11 Findings Dropped

"Pakistan Did Not Influence 9/11 Probe"

There is more reason to think the bribery allegations have more credibility than not. That, and probably pressure from all kinds of places in the corners of D.C.

So... do you think the ISI nuke secrets have a connection to 9/11?
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

simuvac Guest
    Thanks. I hadn't noticed that October 2003 story about Zelikow.

It's hard to tell if the commission was protecting something specific or something general.

I think with all of these commissions the people who run them understand that if they look too hard at anything they will probably see some dirt. So, maybe the commission was just protecting an ally? A source? I'm not sure how much they knew about Pakistan.