Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fahrenheit2777: Scientific American Debunks 9/11 Theories - Article Inside

You can learn a lot from Ghandi.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

al uh looyah Guest
    convienently ignored building 7.

ZachM Guest
    The mistaken belief that a handful of unexplained anomalies can undermine a well-established theory ... All the 'evidence' for a 9/11 conspiracy falls under the rubric of this fallacy.
    I can think of an anomaly that undermined a well-established theory. It was once thought that the planets travelled around the Earth. But it was also known that about every 25 months, Mars appears to change directions for a short time. The idea that the Sun instead was the center of Mars' orbit was met with resistance, but today it is mainstream.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retrogr...rograde_motion

Eckolaker Guest
    When people talk about the Pancake theory I show them this...

and this

Eckolaker Guest
    I was in a debate on a forum visited by people I know.

One of them asked me "why do you constantly bring up WTC 7?, no one even knows it collapsed"

Its statements and questions like this that re-affirm why Im out there spreading the truth.

YouCrazyDiamond Guest
    I'll get back to you with comments.

But it might be nice to peak in the next couple of issues on the newstands to see if this article generates any feedback letters that get published.

I suspect they'll be getting an earful. The question is, will they publish those letters?

YouCrazyDiamond Guest
    It’s just the usual MSM propaganda machine. It must be hard work having to lie so much.

This guy is seriously lacking in credentials to be spouting off on this topic in this magazine.

My suggestion would be to ask Professor Jones to write a 1 page rebuttal.

And if SA is not willing to publish it there are others that will. Maybe Rolling Stone would do it. Not to mention that the blogosphere would have a field day with this one.

Who owns SA?

YouCrazyDiamond Guest
    “Do you mean to tell me that not one of the thousands of conspirators needed to pull all this off,” I retorted, “is a whistle-blower who would go on TV or write a tell-all book?” My rejoinder was met with the same grim response I get from UFOlogists when I ask them for concrete evidence: Men in Black silence witnesses, and dead men tell no tales.
    I’ve been meaning to address this remarkable myth that is put forward at the end of this article.

It is in the first part of this passage perpetuating the myth that criminal networks could never be that complicated or else they would give themselves away. If that is the case then please explain all the sophisticated software that agencies like the Secret Service use to discover these networks. (And still they can not find the organized criminals all that effectively, etc.? I’ll even speculate that the NSA has even better software, etc. and has very likely directed it at other government agencies and maybe even at itself to keep tabs on all that “they” can.) It is simple: these networks can be and are really quite sophisticated and complex in their structure. The same will be even truer for the largest and most powerful gathering of criminals that must obviously exist in our government and corporations, etc. at this moment in history.

The second part of this passage is the usual ‘swift boating’-like argument, like putting a cherry on the top of your Shirley Temple or an olive in your martini, it is purely gratuitous and an unfounded association. I mean, a lot of people believe in god and they don’t get labeled as believing in “crank theories of physics.”

This guy clearly would not know a scientific theory if it came up and bit him on the ass.

borepstein Guest
    Jon,

I mean... I hate to break this to you but you may have jsut wasted your hard-earned $5. What am I expected to say - same thing, lots of judgement calls, nothing on the merits, appeal to authority (such as Dr Eagar who work is useless, I'll comment on him more when I find time)... Nothing new here, recently.

borepstein Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AuGmENTor
    I mean what can you say about this really? You can't fix stupid. I am still sitting here flabergasted almost beyond words. I hate that I get this urge to find these people, tie them to a chair, and yank fingernails until they get it already.
    Try an urge to educate people for a change. I think that's a better approach.