Thread: A frustrating day...

pcteaser Guest

A frustrating day...

To start with a little background here, I work with my ex. And almost every day we have lunch together, like we have for over 10 years. Well, since I've been coming here and learning things, I have been trying to tell him some stuff. Not all at once. But a little here, a little there.

Recently I've been adding more and more because I want him to wake up. We have 2 sons who could be affected if a draft is started. And here comes the frustrating part. He doesn't seem to care?!

As he put it today "It's like you want me to believe that our government is full of crooks, murderers and liars!" (I refrained from saying it is) I guess push came to shove when I asked him if he would protest a draft, should one seem to be coming and he said he didn't know. This man knows me, probably better than anyone. I could tell him just about anything and he'd believe me, except for this. Case in point: The memo leaked in the UK prior to the elections. I was complaining that the media here wasn't investigating it. His reply "There isn't anything to investigate". When I point out FBI, CIA and other governmental sources for what I'm trying to explain to him, it's like he turns deaf. I explained the connection between Halliburton and Cheney and he sees nothing wrong with it. It seems to be ok in his eyes for Cheney to turn a profit here. I told him he should see "Uncovered: The War in Iraq", that there were a lot of credible people in the film explaining what was really happening. And he attacks back with the notion that someone is making money off the movie, and therefore the contents are suspect.

I'm so bloody frustrated. He is a shining example of so many people in our country. If it's not on the 6 o'clock news, it's not news. One comment he made to me after I finally said I wouldn't bring it up anymore is "I just don't like you trying to make me feel guilty".

How can I explain to this man that his action or inaction is just as important as anyone elses? That our government was constructed in such a way that when shit like this happens, it is our DUTY to raise hell about it. That's what makes America a nation to be proud of.

Anyway.. sorry for the rant. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

frindevil Guest

suggestions

You know what my suggestion for him is=P

- Frind

Make a CD for him, and ask him to watch it.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

princesskittypoo Guest
    everyone around me is the same way. I try and do the same thing you did with your ex with my mom and dad. My mother is blind when it comes to anything contradictory about our government in a time of war. she loves pres. bush. And thinks he's fallowing all of god's commands to the letter.
    I say "what about thou shall not kill?" he forces us to war. My war is against war. it's fought with words, my sword-like jesus's sword (there's a song i'm referring to that i use to sing in church and i don't remember it's name but it basically said jesus's sword was his tongue meaning he didn't kill, and that his sheild was his love of god.)
    so i think the exact opposite of my mother.
    I don't have any suggestions as to how to reach your ex. cause i can't even reach my mother.

Uber Commandante Guest
    I know these comebacks always come late, but you could say:

"So its OK to turn a profit off of the war in Iraq (cheney), but its not OK to make a profit by telling people about the truth of it (the movie). Regardless, money is how information gets out there "

The powers that be spend egads of $$ trying to get their version of the 'truth' out there - other people have to do the same.

However, I truly share your frustrations. My entire extended family (wife's and mine) are 'devoutly' (and I use that word on purpose) pro-Bush and pro Fox 'news'. AAAAHHHH!!!!!!

pcteaser Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Uber Commandante
    I know these comebacks always come late, but you could say:

"So its OK to turn a profit off of the war in Iraq (cheney), but its not OK to make a profit by telling people about the truth of it (the movie). Regardless, money is how information gets out there "

The powers that be spend egads of $$ trying to get their version of the 'truth' out there - other people have to do the same.

However, I truly share your frustrations. My entire extended family (wife's and mine) are 'devoutly' (and I use that word on purpose) pro-Bush and pro Fox 'news'. AAAAHHHH!!!!!!
    That's exactly what I thought at the time. I'm sorry that you all share my frustrations too

I'm going to try Gold's suggestion with the CD's. We'll see.

911=inside job Guest
    this is nothing new... it took me over a year to make my wife fully understand what happened... its easy for me to see it because ive spent thousands of hours reading about all of it.... not everyone has the time to read all this bullshit...

once i saw erics video i was hooked.. there are some great dvds out there now....

i would say just tape the dr griffen(sp) c-span speech and make him watch it.... there is no bullshit in it....

but remember youre not alone... everyone is dealing with the same thing...

its good that youre even trying to get through to him...