Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 08 Election Update

PhilosophyGenius Guest

08 Election Update

McCain is on his way to be the GOP nominee. Romney droped out and Huckabee doesn't have a chance.

Obama won all the primaries over the weekend (5) which puts him barely above Hillary. Polls show Obama may win more tonight. More elections coming up which could still put Hillary in the lead, especially with a big state like Texas with a large latino base going for Hillary.

It's also the first time Obama is in the lead in national polls.

Looks like Obama will get the nod but there are other factors including the votes of "superdelegates" (votes of party officials) if the amount of delegates is about even.

BASE701 Guest
    If Ron Paul can't win, I hope Obama does.

I'm tired of the Bush/Clinton thing.

simuvac Guest
    Obama won't win. Do you honestly think the racist ownership class will allow a black man to be president?

This whole superdelegate thing is really murky, and it sounds like the superdelegates will be the tie-breaker. I'm betting the Clinton backroom power takes effect then.

Weird, isn't it, that the media has, to my knowledge, never before discussed the superdelegate phenomenon? Now it seems to be everywhere.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    The more I hear Obama's speeches the more I want him to win. Now I really want him to win, he'd be a great leader for this country.

Obama could win by a landslide- no question about that (in my mind). All you have to do is look at how many white people are voting for him, now many indepedents and new voters and even republicans he's bringing in. He crosses racial boundries, plus a lot of conservatvies won't vote for McCain since he's pissed them off so many times.

Weird, isn't it, that the media has, to my knowledge, never before discussed the superdelegate phenomenon? Now it seems to be everywhere.
    Yeah, I didn't know what that was either. They're talked about so much this time around because of how tight this race is on the democratic side. It's the tightest race in modern primary history.

dMole Guest

Change?

http://www.infowars.com/articles/nwo...candidates.htm

"Barack Obama has captivated voters from all parties with his refreshing new style of rhetoric. He has the voting record to back his criticism of the Iraq war. But like his CFR colleagues, he vows to continue the pursuit of a shadowy enemy under the vague threat of "terrorism" - a policy that has cost citizens their personal liberties, trillions in debt and untold lives. The war on terror has been crafted to spend the US into bankruptcy and setup a domestic police state. Money continues to be being printed out of thin air by the private run-for-profit Federal Reserve, while China remains leveraged with over $1 trillion in US dollar holdings. In the middle east, the CFR's blank check for U.S. military operations will deplete U.S. resources while inciting sectarian strife and anti-U.S. sentiment, ignoring the history of blowback as documented by the CIA. Obama and other CFR candidates affiliation with the organization is not promoted on their websites or in any press releases because the organization has centralized political power and financial capital to set policy the public would otherwise oppose. The career politicians in the CFR know corporate sponsorship is frowned upon by voters. The Council is one of the major conduits between government and business leaders in the US. The CFR is guaranteeing power by owning all the horses in the race that is the 2008 election."

Meet the new boss... He's the SAME as the old boss...

Michelle Obama:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zhZof7JPks

EDIT: Do "super"delegates change clothes in a phone booth then?

EDIT2: What a fucking patriot!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8QCk...eature=related

dMole Guest

Change??

[Bill Clinton's campaign chief, with or without blue tights...]

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080213/...ma_endorsement
    Bill Clinton campaign chief backs Obama

By PHILIP ELLIOTT, Associated Press WriterWed Feb 13, 11:29 AM ET

The man who served as national manager of former President Clinton's 1992 campaign plans to endorse Sen. Barack Obama, an aide to Obama said Wednesday.

Obama's campaign planned a 1 p.m. conference call Wednesday to announce the endorsement by David Wilhelm, who later became chairman of the Democratic National Committee, according to an aide who spoke on condition of anonymity because the announcement would be made public later in the day.

Wilhelm planned to tell reporters that Obama can build a coalition of Democrats, independents and Republicans needed to win the general election.

Wilhelm is a superdelegate who was previously uncommitted in the race. His endorsement helps Obama in the race for delegates, in which he pulled ahead after Tuesday's sweeps of primaries in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia. Clinton remains considerably ahead in superdelegates, which are party officials, elected officials and others who can vote however they choose at the nominating convention.

If the race for pledged delegates based on outcomes in caucuses and primaries across the country remains tight, superdelegates could decide the nomination.

Obama leads the delegate race with 1,224 to 1,198 to Clinton, according to the latest count by The Associated Press.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Wait, so Alex Jones things Obama is an insider?

Also for superdelegates, one of them said he liked the job because he got to vote for important stuff and get a really good seat at the convention- didn't think there'd be so much pressure.

BASE701 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilosophyGenius
    Wait, so Alex Jones things Obama is an insider?

Also for superdelegates, one of them said he liked the job because he got to vote for important stuff and get a really good seat at the convention- didn't think there'd be so much pressure.
    I kind of have to agree with Alex and dMole here Pg. I think the CFR has an agenda it's members will keep the ball rolling.

AuGmENTor Guest
    PG, list Obamas top three accomplishments in his political career for me please.

AuGmENTor Guest
    The rest of you SHHHHHHHH. PG, this is an open book test.