Thread: The Sunday Times Changes The Title Of The Sibel Edmonds Story

The Sunday Times Changes The Title Of The Sibel Edmonds Story

The Sunday Times Changes The Title Of The Sibel Edmonds Story

When I post stories, I generally leave the same title as the original post. In some cases I change it to include important quotes within the story. For instance, this story appeared the other day about how the Bush Administration made a "decision to let the Navy continue using high-power sonar in its training off Southern California, a practice they say harms whales and other marine mammals." Its' original title is, "Bush allows Navy to continue sonar". The title I gave it was, "Bush Allows Navy To Continue Sonar Even Though "Harms Whales". I put the important part of the story in the title so people would read it.

That is not the case with the latest Sibel Edmonds story. Yesterday, the Sunday Times released a story entitled "FBI "Covers Up" File Exposing Theft Of Nuclear Secrets". Today, when you click on the source link, the title of the article has now changed to, "FBI denies file exposing nuclear secrets theft".

Luckily, I was able to find the original title still listed in a Google News search.

I wonder why the Sunday Times would change the title from something as explosive as, "FBI "COVERS UP" FILE EXPOSING THEFT OF NUCLEAR SECRETS" to the less explosive, "FBI denies files exposing nuclear secrets theft"?

I also wonder who made the decision to make the change. Rupert, was that you?
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

Apparently the front page still has the original story...

No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG