This part is interesting to me, in terms of 9/11:

Cheema said the government had an intelligence intercept in which an al Qaeda militant "congratulated his people for carrying out this cowardly act."

Within moments of this assassination, the ISI picks up chatter of an al Qaeda confession.

Yet, with 9/11, the CIA picked up nothing of the sort until the army allegedly found the Bin Laden confession video in Afghanistan. And, on the contrary, Bin Laden denied complicity with 9/11 on three occasions.

I guess I still find it odd that: (a) Bin Laden tried to distance himself from what should have been his life's magnum opus; and now (b) we have an example of a much lesser form of terrorism being exposed by celebratory chatter within 24 hours of the crime.

Maybe one is lying. Maybe both. But this recent incident reminds me of the absence of a confession following 9/11. On almost every other occasion, "al Qaeda" confesses to the crime almost immediately (or, as in this case, is in some sense "caught" immediately; though, no, I don't believe Bhutto was killed by al Qaeda).