• Jeb Bush

0 0%
  • AuGmENTor

10,006 99.94%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who would you vote for?

Cloak & Swagger Guest

Who would you vote for?

The talk of potential Presidential candidates for 08 is growing more intense, and quite frankly, I don't know if we're gonna be any better off than we were in the last two elections.
    My question is simply this, who would you like to see run for President (also assuming you'd vote for them) and why would you vote for them?
    Please feel free to elaborate on who you think they'll run against and who may be their VP.
    Lastly, do you think E-voting machines, like Diebold will be used in the next election?
    Will there even be another election at all?
    Why wouldn't there be another election?
    I really want to you know what ya'll think.
    Thank you.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Of all the 'avalible choices', Al Gore for sure. If not him, John Kerry.

Cloak & Swagger Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilosophyGenius
    Of all the 'avalible choices', Al Gore for sure. If not him, John Kerry.
    Really? Why?

Cloak & Swagger Guest
    What about Obama and Feingold?

werther Guest
    What about Obama and Feingold?
    Those are the two that first came to my mind.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Obama is a nice guy but he's too young. Al Gore has just got that fire and passion that America needs right now which he didn't seem to have in 2000. He also makes a lot of sense on many issues.

Cloak & Swagger Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilosophyGenius
    Obama is a nice guy but he's too young. Al Gore has just got that fire and passion that America needs right now which he didn't seem to have in 2000. He also makes a lot of sense on many issues.
    Since Gore had it stolen from him, he could very likely get the pity vote, but not from me. He had the opportunity to stand his ground and see to it that the reported votes were accurate (which we obviously now know they were not), but he folded and threw in the towel. He could very likely do the same thing in the future when another critical issue hangs in the balance.
    Basically, if he couldn't fight for himself, I don't think he can fight for us.
    I might reconsider Gore if he has a strong running mate.
    BTW, if Gore does actually go for it, who's gonna be his sidekick this time?

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloak & Swagger
    Since Gore had it stolen from him, he could very likely get the pity vote, but not from me. He had the opportunity to stand his ground and see to it that the reported votes were accurate (which we obviously now know they were not), but he folded and threw in the towel. He could very likely do the same thing in the future when another critical issue hangs in the balance.
    Basically, if he couldn't fight for himself, I don't think he can fight for us.
    I might reconsider Gore if he has a strong running mate.
    BTW, if Gore does actually go for it, who's gonna be his sidekick this time?
    I disagree. For one, there wasn't a whole lot he could do at the time since it was already a month past the elections and the courts gave it to Bush. Two, in hindsight it's easy for someone to say that Gore could have pushed more and had the votes go his way because at the time, a lot of stuff wasn't known and the country was just ready to move on.

As far as sympathy votes go, Gore had been written off a long time ago as basically a "hasbeen" but then came back strong within the liberal community with his firey global warming and anti-war speeches.

werther Guest
    I think if Obama ran the voter turn out would be phenominal, both for and against. I would imagine being that he is 1.black and 2. democrat (and I hate to be stereotypical) the black/latino voter turn out would demolish the repub candidate

Cloak & Swagger Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by werther
    I think if Obama ran the voter turn out would be phenominal, both for and against. I would imagine being that he is 1.black and 2. democrat (and I hate to be stereotypical) the black/latino voter turn out would demolish the repub candidate
    I agree.
    It would definitely generate a lot of interest among young voters too.
    The Republicans are definitely in a world of hurt no matter what.
    Their money can't even buy the next election, and their fear tactics are hardly effective anymore. What else could they possibly use?