Thread: Is The Missing $2.3 Trillion Really Missing?

Is The Missing $2.3 Trillion Really Missing?

Is The Missing $2.3 Trillion Really Missing?

Today, Jerry Mazza's story entitled, "Following Zakheim and Pentagon Trillions to Israel and 9-11" was re-posted on indybay.org.

In that article, Jerry states, "At that time he was unable to explain the disappearance of $1 trillion dollars. Actually, nearly three years earlier, Donald Rumsfeld announced on September 10, 2001 that an audit discovered $2.3 trillion was also missing from the Pentagon books."

On February 20th, 2002, Gerry J. Gilmore of the American Forces Press Service reported that, "DoD financial experts, Zakheim said, are making good progress reconciling the department's "lost" expenditures, trimming them from a prior estimated total of $2.3 trillion to $700 billion. And, he added, the amount continues to drop."

I'm not defending Dov Zakheim, the Pentagon's inability to track billions of dollars, nor am I a "Zionist Mole for Larry Silverstein", however, if a "debunker" wanted to use this against us, it wouldn't be hard for them to do so, and make us look like fools.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

simuvac Guest
    Agreed. When I asked a friend of mine who works in finance about this missing trillions, the first thing he asked me was something like, "In what sense is it missing?" That is, it could be that it's not actually missing, but rather unaccounted for, which would be different.

January 29, 2002

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/...in325985.shtml

"According to some estimates we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions," Rumsfeld admitted.

$2.3 trillion - that's $8,000 for every man, woman and child in America. To understand how the Pentagon can lose track of trillions, consider the case of one military accountant who tried to find out what happened to a mere $300 million.

The most "accurate" number I can find is $1T...

May 18, 2003

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...8/MN251738.DTL

A study by the Defense Department's inspector general found that the Pentagon couldn't properly account for more than a trillion dollars in monies spent.

This even quotes Zakheim...

"We are overhauling our financial management system precisely because people like David Walker are rightly critical of it," said Dov Zakheim, the Pentagon's chief financial officer and prime architect of the Defense Department's self-styled fiscal transformation.

Who didn't bother to correct them, and say, "It's $700B."
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG