Thread: Has Morgan Spurlock Found Osama Bin Laden?

Has Morgan Spurlock Found Osama Bin Laden?

Has Morgan Spurlock Found Osama Bin Laden?

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Has-M...aden-7091.html

By Josh Tyler: 2007-12-04 14:26:36

Has Morgan Spurlock Found Osama Bin Laden? If Michael Moore is America’s number one documentary filmmaker, then after releasing Super Size Me Morgan Spurlock definitely became number 2. Except while Moore makes more point of view movies, Spurlock’s work is a lot closer to being what we think of when throwing around the word “documentary”.

His next project is by far, his riskiest yet. Spurlock has finished his new movie Where in the World is Osama Bin Laden?, in which he sets out to do what the United States government has apparently failed to do: Find Osama Bin Laden. The Weinstein Company bought the thing after seeing only 15 minutes of it at the Berlin Film Festival, and here’s where it gets really interesting. Rumor has it that Spurlock actually found Osama Bin Laden.

The film’s director of photography told SlashFilm that Morgan “definitely got the holy grail.” Since the movie is about him hunting Osama, that would make him the holy grail… wouldn’t it? For now though, everyone around the production is keeping things locked down.

The film is supposed to debut in Park City at Sundance this year, and since tomorrow is the deadline for them to notify people who have received press credentials and I still haven’t heard anything, I guess I won’t be able to report back on it. I’m sure someone more important than us will. Whenever we all finally get around to seeing it, I can’t even begin to imagine the media madness this film will unleash if Morgan Spurlock actually found and hung out with Osama Bin Laden. It instantly raises a lot of important questions like... if mustachioed Morgan Spurlock can find him, don’t you have to assume the US government isn’t even trying?
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

Never heard of this guy.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Morgan Spurlock

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Awsome, he's also workign on another documentary about how the repubs are blocking science

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1041597/

simuvac Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    Never heard of this guy.
    Check out Super Size Me. It's a stunt turned into a documentary, but it's pretty entertaining (and, especially if you watch the DVD extras, should be the last time you eat at McDonald's).

I look at Spurlock as the poor man's Michael Moore. He has about half the political sophistication of Moore (which says something), but twice the balls.

In interviews for SSM, he always seemed to be a bit of twit who just happened upon a good premise for a documentary. Who knows, maybe he has matured since then?