Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bin Laden Says He Is The "Only One Responsible" For 9/11, And To Stop Accusing Cheney

Bin Laden Says He Is The "Only One Responsible" For 9/11, And To Stop Accusing Cheney

Bin Laden Warns Europe To Stop Aiding U.S.
    In Audiotape, Al Qaeda Chief Calls On Europeans To Stop Helping America In Afghanistan

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n3554140.shtml

(Gold9472: Yes, the title of this thread is a joke, but... is it?)

CAIRO, Egypt, Nov. 29, 2007

(AP) Al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden called on the Europeans to stop helping the United States in the war in Afghanistan, saying America is "ebbing" in excerpts of a new audiotape aired Thursday on Al-Jazeera television.

Bin Laden said he was the "only one responsible" for the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks on New York and Washington, arguing that it was unjust for the Americans to have invaded Afghanistan.

"The events of Manhattan were retaliation against the American-Israeli alliance's aggression against our people in Palestine and Lebanon, and I am the only one responsible for it. The Afghan people and government knew nothing about it. America knows that," he said.

"Europe went along with it (the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan) because they had no other alternative, only to be a follower," he said.

He addressed Europeans, saying "the American tide is ebbing, with God's help, and they will leave back to their countries."

"Therefore it is better for you to press on your leaders who dropping in on the White House, to work seriously to lift the injustice against the believers and to get back to righteousness," he said, accusing U.S. forces and their allies of intentionally killing women and children in Afghanistan.

Al-Jazeera aired two brief excerpts of a few seconds each of the audiotape, titled "Message to the European Peoples," which al Qaeda had announced several days ago that it would release soon.

"What this tape shows, among other things, is that Osama Bin Laden is very much alive and well and paying very close attention to the news media," said CBS News consultant Jere Van Dyk.

Bin Laden issued four public statements earlier this year -- on Sept. 7, Sept. 11, Sept. 20 and Oct. 22. The Sept. 7 video was his first in three years and was issued to mark the sixth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks.

In 2004, bin Laden offered Europeans a truce if they stopped attacking Muslims, then later spoke of a truce with the United States. In both cases, al Qaeda later denounced the countries for not accepting its offers.

Bin Laden eluded coalition troops who invaded Afghanistan in late 2001, and is believed to be hiding along the Afghan-Pakistan frontier.

This has been the deadliest year in Afghanistan since the invasion. More than 6,100 people have been killed -- including more than 800 civilians -- in fighting, according to an Associated Press tally of figures from Afghan and Western officials.

Al Qaeda has dramatically stepped up its messages, a pace seen as a sign of its increasing technical sophistication and the relative security felt by its leadership.

Bin Laden's message was the 89th this year by Al Qaeda's media wing, Al-Sahab, an average of one every three days, double the rate in 2006, according to IntelCenter, a U.S. counterterrorism group that monitors militant messaging.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

simuvac Guest
    Bin Laden adds: "I can't read this next part. The CIA fax machine is piece of garbage!"

simuvac Guest
    Jon, I think you missed the rest of the CBS story. It continues:

"What this tape shows, among other things, is that Osama Bin Laden is very much alive and well and paying very close attention to the news media," said CBS News consultant Jere Van Dyk.

Bin Laden issued four public statements earlier this year -- on Sept. 7, Sept. 11, Sept. 20 and Oct. 22. The Sept. 7 video was his first in three years and was issued to mark the sixth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks.

In 2004, bin Laden offered Europeans a truce if they stopped attacking Muslims, then later spoke of a truce with the United States. In both cases, al Qaeda later denounced the countries for not accepting its offers.

Bin Laden eluded coalition troops who invaded Afghanistan in late 2001, and is believed to be hiding along the Afghan-Pakistan frontier.

This has been the deadliest year in Afghanistan since the invasion. More than 6,100 people have been killed -- including more than 800 civilians -- in fighting, according to an Associated Press tally of figures from Afghan and Western officials.

Al Qaeda has dramatically stepped up its messages, a pace seen as a sign of its increasing technical sophistication and the relative security felt by its leadership.

Bin Laden's message was the 89th this year by Al Qaeda's media wing, Al-Sahab, an average of one every three days, double the rate in 2006, according to IntelCenter, a U.S. counterterrorism group that monitors militant messaging.

dMole Guest

Bin Ladin Dead in Dec. 2001 According to Fox News

I couldn't remember if I've posted this here before, and I didn't find it in a quick search. I'd like to post this on at least every other website worldwide if I could- the irony is just too DELICIOUS! Some have mentioned that this page should be archived [and sent to Bill O Reilly by "laser" perhaps... ]

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,41576,00.html
    Report: Bin Laden Already Dead

Wednesday, December 26, 2001

Usama bin Laden has died a peaceful death due to an untreated lung complication, the Pakistan Observer reported, citing a Taliban leader who allegedly attended the funeral of the Al Qaeda leader.

"The Coalition troops are engaged in a mad search operation but they would never be able to fulfill their cherished goal of getting Usama alive or dead," the source said.

Bin Laden, according to the source, was suffering from a serious lung complication and succumbed to the disease in mid-December, in the vicinity of the Tora Bora mountains. The source claimed that bin Laden was laid to rest honorably in his last abode and his grave was made as per his Wahabi belief.

About 30 close associates of bin Laden in Al Qaeda, including his most trusted and personal bodyguards, his family members and some "Taliban friends," attended the funeral rites. A volley of bullets was also fired to pay final tribute to the "great leader."

The Taliban source who claims to have seen bin Laden's face before burial said "he looked pale ... but calm, relaxed and confident."

Asked whether bin Laden had any feelings of remorse before death, the source vehemently said "no." Instead, he said, bin Laden was proud that he succeeded in his mission of igniting awareness amongst Muslims about hegemonistic designs and conspiracies of "pagans" against Islam. Bin Laden, he said, held the view that the sacrifice of a few hundred people in Afghanistan was nothing, as those who laid their lives in creating an atmosphere of resistance will be adequately rewarded by Almighty Allah.

When asked where bin Laden was buried, the source said, "I am sure that like other places in Tora Bora, that particular place too must have vanished."

dMole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by simuvac
    Bin Laden adds: "I can't read this next part. The CIA fax machine is piece of garbage!"
    CIA says to OBL v3.5: "Secret Squirrel is bringing fresh nuts to the tree, over."

Quote Originally Posted by simuvac
    Jon, I think you missed the rest of the CBS story.
    Huh... you're right. Maybe it was updated? I don't think I've ever missed that much of a story before.

Bin Laden: Europeans should end US help

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071129/...bin_laden_tape

By MAAMOUN YOUSSEF, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 1 minute ago

CAIRO, Egypt - Al-Qaida chief Osama bin Laden called on Europeans to stop helping the United States in the war in Afghanistan, according to excerpts of a new audiotape broadcast Thursday on Al-Jazeera television.

Bin Laden said it was unjust for the United States to have invaded Afghanistan for sheltering him after the Sept. 11 terror attacks, saying he was the "only one responsible" for the deadly assaults on New York and Washington.

"The events of Manhattan were retaliation against the American-Israeli alliance's aggression against our people in Palestine and Lebanon, and I am the only one responsible for it. The Afghan people and government knew nothing about it. America knows that," the al-Qaida leader said.

The message appeared to be another attempt by bin Laden to influence public opinion in the West. In 2004, he offered Europeans a truce if they stopped attacking Muslims, then later spoke of a truce with the U.S. In both cases, al-Qaida then denounced those areas for not accepting its offer.

State Department spokesman Sean McCormack dismissed the new tape as typical of bin Laden's tactics and expressed faith in the European allies.

"I think our NATO allies understand quite clearly what is at stake in Afghanistan as well as elsewhere around the world in fighting the war on terror," he told reporters. "It's going to require a sustained commitment over a period of time and we have seen that kind of commitment from our European allies."

FBI analysts were reviewing the tape but were not immediately able to say how long it was or when it might have been recorded nor could they provide other details. Spokesman Richard Kolko said it was being examined "to determine if it is authentic and for any intelligence value."

"As the FBI has said since 9/11, bin Laden was responsible for the attack," Kolko said in a statement. "In this latest tape, he again acknowledged his responsibility. This should help to clarify for all the conspiracy theorists, again — the 9/11 attack was done by bin Laden and al-Qaida."

This has been the deadliest year in Afghanistan since the U.S.-led invasion in late 2001, with more than 6,100 people killed — including more than 800 civilians — in militant attacks and military operations, according to an Associated Press tally of figures from Afghan and Western officials.

In the new tape, bin Laden said European nations joined the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan "because they had no other alternative, only to be a follower."

"The American tide is ebbing, with God's help, and they will go back to their countries," he said, speaking of Europeans.

Bin Laden urged Europeans to pull away from the fight.

"It is better for you to stand against your leaders who are dropping in on the White House, and to work seriously to lift the injustice against the believers," he said, accusing U.S. forces and their allies of intentionally killing women and children in Afghanistan.

Al-Jazeera aired two brief excerpts of the audiotape, titled "Message to the European Peoples," which al-Qaida had announced Monday that it would release soon.

Bin Laden issued four public statements earlier this year — on Sept. 7, Sept. 11, Sept. 20 and Oct. 22. The Sept. 7 video was his first in three years and was issued to mark the sixth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks.

Al-Qaida has dramatically stepped up its messages — a pace seen as a sign of its increasing technical sophistication and the relative security felt by its leadership. Bin Laden is believed to be hiding along the Afghan-Pakistan frontier.

Bin Laden's message was the 89th this year by Al-Qaida's media wing, Al-Sahab, an average of one every three days, double the rate in 2006, according to IntelCenter, a U.S. counterterrorism group that monitors militant messaging.

I guess the title of this thread was appropriate.

werther Guest
    "As the FBI has said since 9/11, bin Laden was responsible for the attack," Kolko said in a statement. "In this latest tape, he again acknowledged his responsibility. This should help to clarify for all the conspiracy theorists, again — the 9/11 attack was done by bin Laden and al-Qaida."
    I wish Bin Laden would have admitted it sooner .....jeez, to think of all the time I've wasted on this website.

simuvac Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by werther
    I wish Bin Laden would have admitted it sooner .....jeez, to think of all the time I've wasted on this website.
    Maybe the FBI should explain to the conspiracy theorists why it has no "hard evidence" to connect Bin Laden to 9/11. Y'know, since it's so obvious and all.