Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ron Paul echoes Fox News: Churches should "eclipse" state

simuvac Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BASE701
    Yes Ron Paul is a Christian. And yes, in being so, he has an opinion about how the Christian faith is demeaned in this country by secularists. Big deal.

What have any of you witnessed by Dr. Paul that would lead you to think he is anything more than who he says he is? It's fine to disagree with his opinion, but to say he is untrustworthy is a ludicrous. He has a twenty year record in congress that proves who he is. His fifty year marriage proves who he is. If his record is untrustworthy, then who do you trust?
    First, I think what he wrote here is more than just "an opinion about how the Christian faith is demeaned" by secularists. He is making much stronger statements than that.

Second, you're right: Perhaps I spoke too strongly when I said he is untrustworthy. A more accurate description would probably be: I think he exaggerates when he claims to be a strict constitutionalist.

As I've said elsewhere, I would support Paul as a lesser evil, if only because he is anti-neocon. Otherwise, I don't support his libertarian ideal of letting corporations run amok, which is what would happen if he accomplished his goals of dismantling the public sphere and privatizing it.

But, as others have said, I'm not worried about Paul winning anything. His candidacy, as admirable as it is, is just a diversion. He will never come close to winning anything. The corporate media will not allow it. They will crucify Paul if he gets anywhere near 15% or 20% support, just like they did with Howard Dean, and just like they'll do with anyone who even APPEARS to represent populist politics.

werther Guest
    Take a look at who voted against that absurd and frivolous House Resolution 847.....-You know the one "Recognizing the importance of Christmas and the Christian faith (Vote On Passage)"

vote

spoiler: Ron Paul

werther Guest
    Sorry to double post but let me add that this was voted on December 11th 2007. The reason I point this out is to highlight that it was in his run for presidential candidacy. Principled.

simuvac Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by werther
    Take a look at who voted against that absurd and frivolous House Resolution 847.....-You know the one "Recognizing the importance of Christmas and the Christian faith (Vote On Passage)"

vote

spoiler: Ron Paul
    If I'm reading this correctly, it says he didn't cast a vote. Why didn't he vote "NO"? That would have been more principled, don't you think?

werther Guest
    I don't post much and it seems there is good reason for it. Damn it. I read that wrong. Thanks for pointing that out .....seriously, I would've hated to have further made an ass of myself.

simuvac Guest
    No big deal.

Here you go: Ron Paul supporters chase Sean Hannity from a restaurant to his hotel in New Hampshire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMrHorlOB0k