Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Osama's Handling Officer Was In Charge Of Benazir's Security

No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

simuvac Guest
    I contacted a journalist who specializes in that part of the world, but he didn't have anything useful to add. I'm surprised, because the admission in that story is quite definitive: Bin Laden was an intelligence source for the ISI.

Aren't you a bit surprised by Raman's response, which rather casually defines "handling officer"? Isn't the real story in his story buried? The revelation about OBL doesn't appear until the sixth paragraph. Seems odd, given it is the headline news.

If the story is a plant, what could be its purpose? It seems to connect both Bhutto and Musharraf to OBL. And we know both are allies of the US.

I'm just trying to understand why that detail appears in that story, which is otherwise largely about the suicide bombing that almost killed Bhutto. The headline seems to emphasize a detail that is relatively unimportant, the way it is written up.

I wonder if it is a veiled threat to Bush? (I know: Sounds like an overactive imagination on my part...)

You sound like a conspiracy theorist. I don't know what it means other than Osama was an asset for the ISI. It does open up a whole new set of questions though...

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Shit, you just pwnt the ISI. AND you got on Prison Planet.

double ownage

Aren't you a bit surprised by Raman's response, which rather casually defines "handling officer"? Isn't the real story in his story buried? The revelation about OBL doesn't appear until the sixth paragraph. Seems odd, given it is the headline news.
    I'm obviously no expert, but here's my 2 cents: Back in the day, the ISI supporting bin Laden and the Taliban wasn't a big deal since they weren't considered threats or doing anything, so supporting them was well known within the Pakistani/CIA/whatever circle. So now that bin Laden/Taliban are considered world wide threats, that info is buried over here since no one really knew anyways, but in Pakistan it's common knowledge.

So it wasn't a big deal in reporting that like "yeah, he was bin Laden's handelding officer from the ISI", instead of, "oh shit! I just found out that he was bin Laden's handeling officer from the ISI!"

Just my opinion.

Pakistan spy service 'aiding Bin Laden'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/1734113.stm

Sunday, 30 December, 2001, 10:41 GMT

Afghan interior minister Younis Qanooni has accused the Pakistani secret service of helping al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden flee Afghanistan.

Speaking in an interview with Iranian television, Mr Qanooni said the Pakistani ISI (Inter Services Intelligence) was at odds over Bin Laden with the Pakistani Government, which has supported the American-led war against terror.

"Undoubtedly they (ISI) knew what was going on," he said.

"The fact that there have not been any reactions and that he has not been arrested indicates that he is somehow being supported by the Pakistani ISI."

Successful 'game'
    Mr Qanooni said that Bin Laden and his followers were constantly on the move between his country and Pakistan, despite continuing searches by American troops.

"Osama has been successful in playing his own game," he said.

"He has eluded the tactics that they (the Americans) have chosen because...he has not stayed in one area."

An Afghan defence ministry spokesman suggested last week that Bin Laden had crossed from the Tora Bora region into Pakistan the week before.

But Pakistan Foreign Minister Abdul Sattar said his government "had no information whatsoever" that Bin Laden was in the country.

Mr Qanooni's comments come as US investigators stepped up efforts to track down Osama Bin Laden by questioning more than 200 members of his al-Qaeda network.

US planes have also continued sporadic bombardments of the Tora Bora region in a bid to flush out remaining al-Qaeda forces.

dMole Guest

A reminder for Tim

Quote Originally Posted by simuvac
    I'm just trying to understand why that detail appears in that story, which is otherwise largely about the suicide bombing that almost killed Bhutto. The headline seems to emphasize a detail that is relatively unimportant, the way it is written up.
    Well in hindsight, Bhutto "suicide bombing" v.2.0 was much more successful than v.1.0. There seems to be considerable recent ambiguity/"damage control" about gunshots, bomb blast wave, etc. Deja vu or ?? CT what??

And [our] troops go marching in...
    Last edited by dMole; 12-30-2007 at 03:00 AM. Reason: CT

Quote Originally Posted by simuvac

"As I began researching I noticed this curious phenomenon which is that there's a lot of explosive information that has come out in the mainstream press, but it comes out buried. As a casual observer of the news, I'd never noticed any of this stuff. You might find one important bit of information in say a newspaper story, and another bit of information on a news show. And if you start to put all those rather obscure stories together, you end up with an almost a completely different narrative. For just about any area relating to 9/11, the story is quite different if you dig deeper into the news." - Paul Thompson, 9/11: Press For Truth