Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Country I Live In, And Love, Is Filled With Absolute Morons

Quote Originally Posted by PhilosophyGenius
    This is the brilliance of Hillary and her campaign.

News talked about how how Barrack and other Dems were attacking Hillary for her stance on Iran, yet Hillary's position matches most Americans, thus is better for her.

Not saying I agree, but Hillary will become Prez.
    Obama himself said that he would strike Iran if need be. As far as "Hillary's position matches most Americans", I think that's still up for debate.

I bet if the poll asked, "Do you want to go to war with Iran?", the answer would be NO.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

simuvac Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM
    The first poll is from March 2007, and the second is from 2006.

Remember the poll in 2006 that said 30% of Americans could not remember the year in which 9/11 happened? Yeah, that should give you an idea of the long-term memory of the average American.

So, March 2007 is like 1974 to most people. A lot can change in 7 months.

simuvac Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    From Zogby, it says that, 52% of Americans would "support a U.S. military strike to prevent Iran from building a nuclear weapon." You can almost hear the echoes from PREVENT IRAN FROM BUILDING A NUCLEAR WEAPON weapon weapon

I imagine the question was something like, "Would you support a U.S. military strike to prevent Iran from building a nuclear weapon?"
    The question asks people to respond to a hypothetical that has nothing to do with the actual situation. Iran is not building a nuclear weapon. Further, what gives other countries the right to tell Iran not to build a nuke? America has 12,000 nukes. India, Pakistan, Israel, etc. have nukes. Why would it be beyond the pale for Iran to seek a nuke?

Also, the form of the hypothetical makes it almost impossible to say no. Why not ask people if they would shoot an intruder before he raped their mom?

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    Obama himself said that he would strike Iran if need be. As far as "Hillary's position matches most Americans", I think that's still up for debate.

I bet if the poll asked, "Do you want to go to war with Iran?", the answer would be NO.

Unfortunatley most American's don't realize that bombing Iran would lead to war. People seem to think that Iran would just get bombed like what Israel did to Iraq and then that would be that, and Iran would say sorry after feeling America's might.

As for Hillary, she looked bad last night at the debate when everyone ganged up on her.

Iran is not building a nuclear weapon. Further, what gives other countries the right to tell Iran not to build a nuke? America has 12,000 nukes. India, Pakistan, Israel, etc. have nukes. Why would it be beyond the pale for Iran to seek a nuke?

It's cuz the republicans made it a hot buttun issue and has got everyone brain washed.

AuGmENTor Guest
    Very insightful PG. I do agree with those that you made, despite an over all disagreement with your DEM/REP views.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Check the username.

Holla