Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Philly police beat shit out of suspects (video)

simuvac Guest

Philly police beat shit out of suspects (video)

Some local news for you, Jon. See the video and story here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_100569.html

I know all about it.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

simuvac Guest
    According to local reports, is it what it looks like at a glance?

simuvac Guest
    I should add: You have some local news that is... totally awesome!

Pens. Flyers. NHL conference final. Let's get it on!

Go Pens!

GO FLY BOYS!!!
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

krsjuan87 Guest
    the police state is upon us

MrDark71 Guest
    Those poor beaten citizens had just spent the earlier part of the eveing shooting up the streets hitting 3 innocent people .....while being survailed by the police mind you ....so they deserve every nightstick hit and every kick to the teeth they received. Fuck-em.

AuGmENTor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDark71
    Those poor beaten citizens had just spent the earlier part of the eveing shooting up the streets hitting 3 innocent people .....while being survailed by the police mind you ....so they deserve every nightstick hit and every kick to the teeth they received. Fuck-em.
    X2... That video is kinda out of context in that they didn't really give us the background. How many Philly cops have been fataly wounded this year? And how many more just shot and wounded? If I were a cop there I think I would be breaking skulls myself.
    Hint: If you don't want to be profiled.... don't FIT the profile. Young black men that dress like thugs are given a profile for a REASON. Stop acting that way, and the stereotype will go away.

simuvac Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AuGmENTor
    X2... That video is kinda out of context in that they didn't really give us the background. How many Philly cops have been fataly wounded this year? And how many more just shot and wounded? If I were a cop there I think I would be breaking skulls myself.
    Hint: If you don't want to be profiled.... don't FIT the profile. Young black men that dress like thugs are given a profile for a REASON. Stop acting that way, and the stereotype will go away.
    I know I'll sound like some kind of crazy idealist here, but I think the justice system should dole out the justice, not cops. They arrest people.

If cops don't want to get shot at, they should be librarians.

I agree there is no context here for that video, but I also don't think there is a right context for cops beating the shit out of "suspects".

AuGmENTor Guest
    Point taken sir. Cops should not play judge, jury, and executioner. But I will make allowances for them being human and responding as such to a situation that is horseshit to start off with.