Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Bill Maher: 9/11 Truthers Need Professional Help, Not Publicity - Video Inside

  1. #11
    simuvac Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    16 hours a day for the last 3 1/2 years... I do need a break.
    Maybe step away from posting in several 9/11 forums and focus on just one? You can't be enagaged in multiple conversations simultaneously for several years. That will take its toll.

    The "movement," whatever it actually is at this moment, is many things to many people, but it doesn't have an anchor in the power establishment, which makes it difficult to foresee any kind of meaningful action in the near future. I suspect many in the movement are college kids who are fascinated by what they perceive as the Rosetta stone that explains their generalized sense of impotence in the world. For many of these kids, there is an obvious fascination with putting their countercultural impulses into a pop culture form (witness the films of We Are Change, which almost seem more interested in the cool factor of putting hip hop tracks to images of the towers exploding than in anything else). Yes, they are raising a fuss, but what is the lasting impact?

    I suspect the conscientious and informed members of 9/11 Truth such as yourself are fewer in number. This may be the source of your exhaustion. You know about 9/11 more than most people, more than most authors on the subject. Your sense of injustice is probably heightened as a result. It's a heavy burden to carry, though of course not as heavy as the illnesses of the first responders.

    I often wonder, What form of justice is possible for the 9/11 Truth Movement? Is another investigation possible? Or should we just hope for better funding and care for the first responders? Naturally, we strive for both. But what is most likely to happen here? I'm not sure. The ruling order has too much invested in the byproducts of 9/11 (more money, power, control for them), to want to do anything about the official story.

    There's something weird about the current moment that I find difficult to describe. It's as if people are more interested in creating a spectacle -- say, filming protest -- than in protest itself. So many videos of 9/11 protests hit the web, but what is the real effect of these protests? Do we have the numbers to make a real change? I don't know. I sometimes wonder if many of us are retreating into images, because real action presents the possibility of imprisonment, physical harm, protracted disappointment, or death.

    You do a lot for this movement, Jon. Don't burn yourself out because you can't do everything. No one can. Sometimes bullshit not only happens, but it keeps happening for a long time and good people get snowed under by it.

  2. #12
    AuGmENTor Guest
    Most people don't want to believe it was a government conspiracy and most people can't handle physics that is even slightly complicated so why do truthers never break it down to something simple?

    Try comparing the south tower to a frozen turkey.

    The south tower collapsed after 56 minutes.

    What things are involved in cooking a frozen turkey.

    Time, temperature and SIZE OF THE TURKEY

    Doesn't it take longer to cook a 20 lb than a 10 lb turkey.

    So we have 56 minutes for the south tower. There are disputes about the temperature but even if the temperature was high enough to weaken steel it would take TIME for the core temperature of the steel to rise. But why don't we know the quantity of steel on the 80th floor, and 79th and 81st?

    Shouldn't we have been told the quantity of steel and concrete on every level of the building by now? Why aren't truthers and structural engineers demanding this information? It has been 6 years. The buildings were designed in the 60's. We should have had that info in 6 weeks.




    Nice of you to stop by just to shovel some of the controlled demolition shit we have been trying to avoid.

  3. #13
    psikeyhackr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AuGmENTor
    Nice of you to stop by just to shovel some of the controlled demolition shit we have been trying to avoid.
    I did not say ANYTHING about a controlled demolition.

    Are time, temperature and tons of steel too complicated for you?

    psik

  4. #14
    AuGmENTor Guest
    semantics young man... Nothing but.

  5. #15
    MrDark71 Guest
    Does the turkey have an external pod or not? ...cause then..like stuffing...it would need some more time.

  6. #16
    AuGmENTor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDark71
    Does the turkey have an external pod or not? ...cause then..like stuffing...it would need some more time.
    ROFLMAO! Bout time we got a good one outta you Dark!

  7. #17
    psikeyhackr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AuGmENTor
    semantics young man... Nothing but.
    No, I think it's called being a moron.

    The laws of physics don't care about Islam, Republicans, or human motivations or humans that are too stupid to handle physics.

    And young I'm not. I built my first computer in 1978 when I started working for IBM.

    psik

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    America
    Posts
    30,749
    Quote Originally Posted by simuvac
    Maybe step away from posting in several 9/11 forums and focus on just one? You can't be enagaged in multiple conversations simultaneously for several years. That will take its toll.

    The "movement," whatever it actually is at this moment, is many things to many people, but it doesn't have an anchor in the power establishment, which makes it difficult to foresee any kind of meaningful action in the near future. I suspect many in the movement are college kids who are fascinated by what they perceive as the Rosetta stone that explains their generalized sense of impotence in the world. For many of these kids, there is an obvious fascination with putting their countercultural impulses into a pop culture form (witness the films of We Are Change, which almost seem more interested in the cool factor of putting hip hop tracks to images of the towers exploding than in anything else). Yes, they are raising a fuss, but what is the lasting impact?

    I suspect the conscientious and informed members of 9/11 Truth such as yourself are fewer in number. This may be the source of your exhaustion. You know about 9/11 more than most people, more than most authors on the subject. Your sense of injustice is probably heightened as a result. It's a heavy burden to carry, though of course not as heavy as the illnesses of the first responders.

    I often wonder, What form of justice is possible for the 9/11 Truth Movement? Is another investigation possible? Or should we just hope for better funding and care for the first responders? Naturally, we strive for both. But what is most likely to happen here? I'm not sure. The ruling order has too much invested in the byproducts of 9/11 (more money, power, control for them), to want to do anything about the official story.

    There's something weird about the current moment that I find difficult to describe. It's as if people are more interested in creating a spectacle -- say, filming protest -- than in protest itself. So many videos of 9/11 protests hit the web, but what is the real effect of these protests? Do we have the numbers to make a real change? I don't know. I sometimes wonder if many of us are retreating into images, because real action presents the possibility of imprisonment, physical harm, protracted disappointment, or death.

    You do a lot for this movement, Jon. Don't burn yourself out because you can't do everything. No one can. Sometimes bullshit not only happens, but it keeps happening for a long time and good people get snowed under by it.
    Thanks.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG


  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    America
    Posts
    30,749
    Quote Originally Posted by psikeyhackr
    No, I think it's called being a moron.

    The laws of physics don't care about Islam, Republicans, or human motivations or humans that are too stupid to handle physics.

    And young I'm not. I built my first computer in 1978 when I started working for IBM.

    psik
    C'mon guys. No need for name calling. psikeyhackr, you can talk about Controlled Demolition all you want, but understand this... most of the people that frequent this board are more interested in other things, and think that Controlled Demolition, although possible, is not the end all/be all of 9/11.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG


  10. #20
    psikeyhackr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    psikeyhackr, you can talk about Controlled Demolition all you want
    My point is I am not talking about Controlled Demolition. I am talking about the effects of a 200 ton mass on a 500,000 ton vertical structure and what it cannot possibly do that structure. But to do the analysis properly you need to know the distribution of steel and concrete.

    A second factor is the quantity of steel at the point of impact. If there were 900 tons of steel on the 3 floors where the plane hit the south tower shouldn't it take longer than 56 minutes to weaken? A lot longer?

    What people think caused it if they understand that the planes could not is no concern of mine. But we should have had the tons of steel and tons of concret on each floor information within 6 weeks of 9/11.

    I am tired of this sh!t dragging on and on and.... I usually like watching Bill Maher but he pissed me off with that crap.



    Is that plane so huge compared to the building it supposdly leveled?

    Then how did the Hiroshima Memorial withstand an A-bomb detonation?



    http://www.galenfrysinger.com/abomb_dome_hiroshima.htm

    psik

Similar Threads

  1. Tavis Smiley Schools Bill Maher - Video Inside
    By Gold9472 in forum The New News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 07:18 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2008, 10:30 AM
  3. Russ Feingold On Bill Maher - Video Inside
    By Gold9472 in forum The New News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2006, 09:07 PM
  4. Ann Coulter On Bill Maher - Video Inside
    By Gold9472 in forum The New News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-09-2005, 04:07 PM
  5. Bill Maher Vs. Tucker Carlson - Video Inside
    By Gold9472 in forum The New News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-22-2005, 06:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •