Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bill Maher: 9/11 Truthers Need Professional Help, Not Publicity - Video Inside

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bill Maher: 9/11 Truthers Need Professional Help, Not Publicity - Video Inside

Bill Maher: 9/11 Truthers need professional help, not publicity

http://rawstory.com//news/2007/Bill_...ould_0915.html

(Gold9472: Isn't it amazing? What one thing does he attack us with? Do you think there's a reason for that? Is it because it's EASY to make us look like fools with the mention of Controlled Demolition? YES, it is. The "movement" had better grow up, and grow up fast. Does the "movement" want the truth about whether or not Controlled Demolition took place at the towers and WTC7, or does the "movement" want the truth about what happened on 9/11, and hold ANYONE AND EVERYONE RESPONSIBLE, accountable? Repeating the same mistakes, and expecting different results is the definition for insanity.)

Mike Aivaz
    Published: Saturday September 15, 2007

Bill Maher takes a jab at the 9/11 Truth movement in a recent "New Rules" segment.

"Crazy people who still think the government brought down the Twin Towers in a controlled explosion have to stop pretending that I'm the one who's being naive," says Maher.

How big a lunatic do you have to be to watch two giant airliners packed with jet fuel slam into buildings on live TV, igniting a massive inferno that burned for two hours, and then think 'Well, if you believe that was the cause...'

Stop asking me to raise this ridiculous topic on the show and start asking your doctor if Paxil is right for you."

The following video is from HBO's Real Time With Bill Maher, broadcast on September 14, 2007:

Video At Source
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

AuGmENTor Guest
    Don't get me wrong, I will always think there was something "fishy" about the collapse. Having said that, it is unlikely we will ever be able to prove this one way or another due to the control of the crime scene by the people responsible. I agree with Jon, stick to the things that could be PROVEN, and result in convictions and or executions.

simuvac Guest
    Maher's knee-jerk hatred for Arabs and Muslims kinda bugs me. He says he hates all religions, but when it comes to terrorism he doesn't have any sense of perspective and tends to single out Islam.

The program with Mos Def on it was priceless. Mos Def had the best line of the night when he told Maher that where he comes from, if people want to hurt you they just do it; they don't send videos saying, "Yo man, I'm gonna fuck you up" (referring, of course, to the Bin Laden videos).

BASE701 Guest
    I won't apologise for believing the buildings were brought down with explosives. I think the evidence is undeniable. That being said, the unanswered questions that the Jersey girls bring up are probably easier to take for the average joe.

Something I wrote on truthmove.org's forum...

Can someone please explain briefly what happened this weekend? I only went Sunday to support the families (Bob McIlvaine), and responders. Aside from the Tarpley accusations. I've been glancing at the comments, and admittedly, I don't know what to do anymore. The "movement" seems to have been "hijacked" as it were. Some days I feel like throwing in the towel. I know there are some people out there doing some good, but I am having such a hard time trusting ANYONE in this "movement." It used to be about supporting the 9/11 families, supporting the 9/11 first responders, asking questions, and demanding answers. There used to be an unspoken "rule" that you promote the best information possible, and do your very best not to come across as "crazy."

Now it's WTC7 24/6.5 leaving a half day for everything else having to do with 9/11 (and if it doesn't coincide with CD, you are chastised/ridiculed/attacked), and a touch of fear mongering (OMG... "false flag attack imminent.") I know people are tired of hearing this from me, but this is not the "Controlled Demolition Movement." Whether it took place or not (I don't know), the idea to a lot of people still comes across as "crazy" yet it's the first thing being promoted now by 99% of the "movement." I feel like to even participate, you have to believe that the towers, and building 7 were brought down by Controlled Demolition. Otherwise, you are considered "disinfo."

I remember back in the day when I first "joined" this "movement" officially. I think it was June 2004 when I saw 9/11 CitizensWatch.org on C-SPAN. I had already spent a good year 1/2 or so researching, contacting the media, contacting my congressmen, and was ready to do my part. I saw how they presented themselves, and thought, "these people don't look crazy, and they have legitimate questions." When I saw Cynthia McKinney chairing the 9/11 Omission Hearings (which didn't even mention CD), I thought, "jeez... this is the real deal." When Bob McIlvaine cried on stage during those hearings, I lost it. I balled my eyes out. Every time I watch him speak, I get welled up. When Jenna Orkin talked about the "equivalent to that of liquid drano", my heart dropped. When I attended the People's Commission in D.C. I was so damned proud of everyone in that room that attended.

I felt like I was apart of something "special" back then. I knew I was doing the right thing. Now, I still feel like I'm doing the right thing, but the "value" of what I'm doing seems insignificant when drowned out by the "static" that is currently the message of the "movement."

Maybe I need a break.

16 hours a day for the last 3 1/2 years... I do need a break.

simuvac Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    16 hours a day for the last 3 1/2 years... I do need a break.
    Maybe step away from posting in several 9/11 forums and focus on just one? You can't be enagaged in multiple conversations simultaneously for several years. That will take its toll.

The "movement," whatever it actually is at this moment, is many things to many people, but it doesn't have an anchor in the power establishment, which makes it difficult to foresee any kind of meaningful action in the near future. I suspect many in the movement are college kids who are fascinated by what they perceive as the Rosetta stone that explains their generalized sense of impotence in the world. For many of these kids, there is an obvious fascination with putting their countercultural impulses into a pop culture form (witness the films of We Are Change, which almost seem more interested in the cool factor of putting hip hop tracks to images of the towers exploding than in anything else). Yes, they are raising a fuss, but what is the lasting impact?

I suspect the conscientious and informed members of 9/11 Truth such as yourself are fewer in number. This may be the source of your exhaustion. You know about 9/11 more than most people, more than most authors on the subject. Your sense of injustice is probably heightened as a result. It's a heavy burden to carry, though of course not as heavy as the illnesses of the first responders.

I often wonder, What form of justice is possible for the 9/11 Truth Movement? Is another investigation possible? Or should we just hope for better funding and care for the first responders? Naturally, we strive for both. But what is most likely to happen here? I'm not sure. The ruling order has too much invested in the byproducts of 9/11 (more money, power, control for them), to want to do anything about the official story.

There's something weird about the current moment that I find difficult to describe. It's as if people are more interested in creating a spectacle -- say, filming protest -- than in protest itself. So many videos of 9/11 protests hit the web, but what is the real effect of these protests? Do we have the numbers to make a real change? I don't know. I sometimes wonder if many of us are retreating into images, because real action presents the possibility of imprisonment, physical harm, protracted disappointment, or death.

You do a lot for this movement, Jon. Don't burn yourself out because you can't do everything. No one can. Sometimes bullshit not only happens, but it keeps happening for a long time and good people get snowed under by it.

Quote Originally Posted by simuvac
    Maybe step away from posting in several 9/11 forums and focus on just one? You can't be enagaged in multiple conversations simultaneously for several years. That will take its toll.

The "movement," whatever it actually is at this moment, is many things to many people, but it doesn't have an anchor in the power establishment, which makes it difficult to foresee any kind of meaningful action in the near future. I suspect many in the movement are college kids who are fascinated by what they perceive as the Rosetta stone that explains their generalized sense of impotence in the world. For many of these kids, there is an obvious fascination with putting their countercultural impulses into a pop culture form (witness the films of We Are Change, which almost seem more interested in the cool factor of putting hip hop tracks to images of the towers exploding than in anything else). Yes, they are raising a fuss, but what is the lasting impact?

I suspect the conscientious and informed members of 9/11 Truth such as yourself are fewer in number. This may be the source of your exhaustion. You know about 9/11 more than most people, more than most authors on the subject. Your sense of injustice is probably heightened as a result. It's a heavy burden to carry, though of course not as heavy as the illnesses of the first responders.

I often wonder, What form of justice is possible for the 9/11 Truth Movement? Is another investigation possible? Or should we just hope for better funding and care for the first responders? Naturally, we strive for both. But what is most likely to happen here? I'm not sure. The ruling order has too much invested in the byproducts of 9/11 (more money, power, control for them), to want to do anything about the official story.

There's something weird about the current moment that I find difficult to describe. It's as if people are more interested in creating a spectacle -- say, filming protest -- than in protest itself. So many videos of 9/11 protests hit the web, but what is the real effect of these protests? Do we have the numbers to make a real change? I don't know. I sometimes wonder if many of us are retreating into images, because real action presents the possibility of imprisonment, physical harm, protracted disappointment, or death.

You do a lot for this movement, Jon. Don't burn yourself out because you can't do everything. No one can. Sometimes bullshit not only happens, but it keeps happening for a long time and good people get snowed under by it.
    Thanks.

AuGmENTor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by simuvac
    In my opinion, nope. Look at the protest this very weekend... 5000 people. What the hell is THAT gonna do? And look how many years this war has dragged on! Look at the CRIMES, yes CRIMES being committed by our government every DAY. There is no acountability as they spend your money with impunity! I wonder if theywere sitting in there drinking champaign and laughing at the people getting arrested for protesting their beliefs. This is not America any more.

AuGmENTor Guest
    What kind of feedback did you get on that post?