Thread: Russia unveils pilotless 'stealth' bomber (Still in developement)

beltman713 Guest

Russia unveils pilotless 'stealth' bomber (Still in developement)

http://abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/...?section=world

Russia unveils pilotless 'stealth' bomber

Posted Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:47pm AEST

Russia has unveiled the mock-up of a pilotless bomber plane that its constructors say will be even better than the famous US stealth fighter at evading enemy radars and anti-aircraft fire.

NTV television showed a full-sized model of the bat-like plane known as Skat, which means "stingray," at an airshow just outside Moscow - the first public glimpse of the project run by Russia's MiG corporation.

NTV reported that the aircraft has a flattened, swept-back profile reminiscent of the US air force's stealth aircraft, with a bubble-like cockpit area, although the plane will not have a pilot.

According to the report, the Skat's constructors claim the stealth technology will make it even less vulnerable than the US version to radar detection.

"Many firms are trying to work in this area, but few so far have achieved results. Today we have begun real work on building an assault craft," director of MiG's Mikoyan design bureau, Vladimir Barkovsky, said on NTV television.

RIA Novosti news agency quoted Mr Barkovsky saying that the Skat will be able to attack land and sea targets, particularly enemy anti-aircraft sites, even if coming under heavy fire.

Youtube Video
    Sorry, the audio is in Russian

A couple of pictures...

Cool.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

Chana3812 Guest
    I guess that's what they will use to stage the next 9/11

beltman713 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chana3812
    I guess that's what they will use to stage the next 9/11
    I didn't know the Russians were the ones who really attacked us on 9/11.

Quote Originally Posted by beltman713
    I didn't know the Russians were the ones who really attacked us on 9/11.
    No. Actually Putin warned us.

August 2001: Russia Warns US of Suicide Pilots

Russian President Vladimir Putin warns the US that suicide pilots are training for attacks on US targets. [Fox News, 5/17/2002] The head of Russian intelligence also later states, “We had clearly warned them” on several occasions, but they “did not pay the necessary attention.” [Agence France-Presse, 9/16/2001] A Russian newspaper on September 12, 2001, will claim, “Russian Intelligence agents know the organizers and executors of these terrorist attacks. More than that, Moscow warned Washington about preparation to these actions a couple of weeks before they happened.” Interestingly, the article will claim that at least two of the militants were Muslim radicals from Uzbekistan. [Izvestia, 9/12/2001]
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

AuGmENTor Guest
    Thats about thedumbest looking plane I have ever seen. I guess we are really driving Russia batshit these days that they are spending all of this cash to keep up with the Joneses. Anyone know what Russia spends a year on defense?

beltman713 Guest
    I think they might have copied that f117 stealth fight that got shot down in Serbia in 1999.

AuGmENTor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beltman713
    I think they might have copied that f117 stealth fight that got shot down in Serbia in 1999.
    Copied it how? By giving a retarded 4 year old a set of finger paints and having him draw it out for them? That soooo looks nothing like the stealth... Looks like a stupid fucking dolphin or something.

werther Guest
    Yes, I concur. I would not attribute much intelligence to that design....thus stupid dolphin.