Thread: ABANDON SHIP!!!

AuGmENTor Guest

ABANDON SHIP!!!

Karl Rove to Resign
    At the End of August
    (AuGmENTor: I guess they are getting out while the getting is good. What the hell... They made their money.)
    By a WALL STREET JOURNAL Staff Reporter
    August 13, 2007 4:00 a.m.

Karl Rove, President Bush's longtime political adviser, is resigning as White House deputy chief of staff effective Aug. 31, and returning to Texas, he said in an interview with Paul Gigot, editor of The Wall Street Journal's editorial page. (See related editorial.)

Mr. Rove, who has held a senior post in the White House since President Bush took office in January 2001, told Mr. Gigot he first floated the idea of leaving a year ago. But he delayed his departure as, first, Democrats took Congress, and then as the White House tackled debates on immigration and Iraq, he said. He said he decided to leave after White House Chief of Staff Joshua Bolten told senior aides that if they stayed past Labor Day they would be obliged to remain through the end of the president's term in January 2009.

"I just think it's time," Mr. Rove said in the interview. "There's always something that can keep you here, and as much as I'd like to be here, I've got to do this for the sake of my family." Mr. Rove and his wife have a home in Ingram, Texas, and a son who attends college in nearby San Antonio.

In the interview, Mr. Rove said he expects Democrats to give the 2008 presidential nomination to Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, whom he described as "a tough, tenacious, fatally flawed candidate." He also said Republicans have "a very good chance" to hold onto the White House in next year's elections.

Mr. Rove also said he expects the president's approval rating to rise again, and that conditions in Iraq will improve as the U.S. military surge continues. He said he expects Democrats to be divided this fall in the battle over warrantless wiretapping, while the budget battle -- and a series of presidential vetoes -- should help Republicans gain an edge on spending restraint and taxes.

Mr. Rove has advised Mr. Bush for more than a decade, working with him closely since Mr. Bush first announced he was running for governor of Texas in 1993 and serving as chief strategist in his presidential campaign in 2000. Before joining the White House, he was president of Karl Rove & Company, the Austin, Texas-based public affairs firm he founded. Mr. Rove first became involved in Republican politics in the 1970s.

The Wall Street Journal published the interview Monday.

Chana3812 Guest
    Another pig - out tha door !!!

best news I've heard in a while

simuvac Guest
    I wonder if Cheney will resign before Bush's term ends?

Seems like most of the Gang of Thieves has stepped aside since the last coup: Rumsfeld, Powell, Ashcroft, General Myers, Porter Goss, Wolfowitz, Fleischer and Card, and now Rove. They stole America, and then ran away.

It would be interesting to see just how many of the 9/11 coup plotters left government within 3 or 4 years.

We can still get them for war crimes and treason, right?

Chana3812 Guest
    Murder has no statute of limitations

amman254 Guest
    yeah.... !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chana3812
    Murder has no statute of limitations