Well Wishes For John Feal And Paul Grossfeld

Most of you have heard of John Feal. If by the off chance you haven't, John was a demolition supervisor that worked for six days at Ground Zero, until his foot was crushed by an eight-ton steel beam, resulting in the loss of half of his foot. He spent 11 weeks in the hospital, and a bit longer learning how to cope.

John is an amazing individual. He was willing to risk life and limb in order to help with the efforts down at Ground Zero. Since being hurt, he has become one of the leading advocates for 9/11 First Responders that are now sick and dying, and has started an organization called "The FealGood Foundation" that assists those very same responders.

Because of his efforts, he has managed to help 100's of 9/11 First Responders, if not more.

John is a very "colorful" individual with a heart of Gold. He holds no punches when speaking his mind, and I admire him for that. Here are some great John Feal quotes:
The EPA is a “bunch of brainiacs and bookworms who just look at numbers but don’t look at people’s pain” [...] “The people [downtown] and in Brooklyn pay taxes and deserve to know their tax money is going to protect their health.”

"Individually, that's great" [...] "What stinks is that so many others in his position that have 9/11 illnesses still have problems getting [their compensation], or may never get theirs. Vito won a battle, but it's still a long war."

"We're not the little boys crying wolf anymore. It's a 'told you so.' This whole time we weren't just running around saying we're sick. We now have legitimate proof" [...] "But the fact that it took five years is insulting. The federal government's lack of compassion in helping heroes is insulting."

"I applaud the medical examiner for making this direct link, but its six years late and we need more doctors to come forward and say these brave souls are sick because of the aftermath of 9-11"

"I offered my bone marrow to him" [...] "I would sacrifice myself for any 9/11 responder."
As I said, John is an amazing individual, but you've only heard the half of it. Not too long ago, Paul Grossfeld contacted John Feal, and told him how great a job he was doing with the FealGood Foundation. He also informed John that he needed a kidney. Without thinking twice, John offered Paul his kidney.

The procedure for this is going to be taking place at the end of this month, so I thought it would be nice for all of us to send well wishes to both John and Paul, and tell them that they're in our thoughts.

Post your comments here, and I guarantee both will see them.

Thanks.