Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dr. Michael Parenti: Lies, War And Empire - Video Inside

Uber Commandante Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by simuvac
    Three reasons for the lack of "outcry" on campuses: one, this is the most narcissistic generation ever, and they can't be bothered to put the mirror away long enough to protest; two, most of them are clueless; three, debt.

The last one, debt, is, I believe, the main reason greater numbers aren't in the streets. The savings rate is a negative. People are in debt up to their eyes. They're afraid to risk losing a job, or losing face, or losing ground, or losing anything, and so they don't protest obvious criminality.

That's my sense, anyway.
    I agree. In other historical dictatorships they controlled the masses with guns. In the US they do it with crippling debt. Thats why the governement signed a law 2 years ago making it harder for individuals (not businesses) to declare bankruptcy. Thats why if you send a late payment in for your mortgage, your credit card interest rates go up. They are all tied together to make indentured servants of us, in order to stiffle dissent.

Well then quit dissenting... sheesh.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

AuGmENTor Guest
    Michael Ruppert said during one of his speeches that we should all be looking at getting rid of ALL of our personal debt. I couldn't agree more. I have a feeling that when this falls apart, it's going to do it all at once.