Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone Have Any Questions?

AuGmENTor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilosophyGenius
    Intersting article.

Regarding the WTC being built to collapse, think back to when that US spy plane landed in China years ago when Bush first took office. When that plane landed the crew went through a rehearsed prccedure of destroying certain documents and equipment so that the enemy wouldn't be able to get there hands on them. So I'd imagine that secret documents held within the WTC would have the same type of thing; no need to self-destruce the enitre building.

And even if they did keep the building rigged in case shit happens, what happens if the wrong shit happens like a small fire? The whole building would collapse from someone dropping a cigarette in the wrong place or something.
    Number 1)No you can't smoke in those bldgs anymore, and they knew that was coming even then. I remember when you could smoke in the grocery store, or even in a hospital room, as long as the person wasn't on oxygen. But they stopped it in like 81.
    2) Explosives like that aren't detonated by heat or shock. I'm no demo guy, but we used to play with c4 sometimes, and you could bang it with a hammer. Plus, you're not going to go to toss out the coffee grinds and accidently demolish the bldg. That shit would be hidden behind wallboard and stuff, not where it can be accidentally detonated. If nothing else, these guys have been terrorrizing/ blowin shit up for years. They know how to wire a bldg without it coming down on accident. And even if it DID, they could just say thay Osama did it

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AuGmENTor
    Number 1)No you can't smoke in those bldgs anymore, and they knew that was coming even then. I remember when you could smoke in the grocery store, or even in a hospital room, as long as the person wasn't on oxygen. But they stopped it in like 81.
    2) Explosives like that aren't detonated by heat or shock. I'm no demo guy, but we used to play with c4 sometimes, and you could bang it with a hammer. Plus, you're not going to go to toss out the coffee grinds and accidently demolish the bldg. That shit would be hidden behind wallboard and stuff, not where it can be accidentally detonated. If nothing else, these guys have been terrorrizing/ blowin shit up for years. They know how to wire a bldg without it coming down on accident. And even if it DID, they could just say thay Osama did it
    Well, you know what I mean. And another thing, explosives deteriorate over time and the the guys who build the tower say they didnt know how it collapsed. So I don't think the towers were designed with 'sefl-descruct' capabilities.

That would be pretty funny if someone threw a coffee grind and accidentally collapsed a building. Hehe.

And is this payback for that other thread?

AuGmENTor Guest
    And is this payback for that other thread?
    What ever could you be talking about, kind sir?

Al Czervik Guest
    Jon, I was thumbing through the Popular Mechanics book at the store today and one thing that jumped out at me is they say that the only internal (continental) intercept from the Cold War until 9/11 was Payne Stewart's flight (all others were offshore). Do you have any contact with Bowman or somebody similar to comment on this? This seems preposterous, but if true, a lot of our arguments about failure of air defenses are pretty much discredited. Let me know what you think.

Oh, and no worries, that book doesn't touch most of your favorite stuff like Sibel or ISI connections...

Quote Originally Posted by Al Czervik
    Jon, I was thumbing through the Popular Mechanics book at the store today and one thing that jumped out at me is they say that the only internal (continental) intercept from the Cold War until 9/11 was Payne Stewart's flight (all others were offshore). Do you have any contact with Bowman or somebody similar to comment on this? This seems preposterous, but if true, a lot of our arguments about failure of air defenses are pretty much discredited. Let me know what you think.

Oh, and no worries, that book doesn't touch most of your favorite stuff like Sibel or ISI connections...
    So you're saying a plane has never gone off course, had radio problems, transponder problems, etc... within the United States?
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

And what happened to Payne Stewart's flight? 6 military aircraft eventually were on that plane by the time everything was said and done. What was the difference between that day and the day of 9/11?

Al Czervik Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    So you're saying a plane has never gone off course, had radio problems, transponder problems, etc... within the United States?
    Well, someone in the book says this pretty explicitly about no domestic interception. You get a flavor for it here at "9/11 miss" with this ADIZ bull.
    http://www.911myths.com/html/67_intercepts.html

I'm with you, I can't believe in 15-20 years they never sent up a firefighter to check out someone. It's incomprehensible. But, if true, the incompetence theory holds a lot more water on this one point at least.

Al Czervik Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    And what happened to Payne Stewart's flight? 6 military aircraft eventually were on that plane by the time everything was said and done. What was the difference between that day and the day of 9/11?
    Ha, I hate to play shill, but you know they argue that it actually took a pretty long time to track down Stewart's plane and if you throw in the chaos of 9/11, things were much different and there were not so many readily available planes.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Czervik
    Well, someone in the book says this pretty explicitly about no domestic interception. You get a flavor for it here at "9/11 miss" with this ADIZ bull.
    http://www.911myths.com/html/67_intercepts.html

I'm with you, I can't believe in 15-20 years they never sent up a firefighter to check out someone. It's incomprehensible. But, if true, the incompetence theory holds a lot more water on this one point at least.
    I sent a letter.

Hi NORAD,

I was hoping you can help me out. It's hard to find any information on this particular subject. In the event of an air emergency, what is the average response time of an intercept?

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jon Gold

The response...

Sir: Unfortunately there are too many variables to give you an accurate answer. The bottom-line is we have alert aircraft at various locations throughout the U.S. (and Canada with NORAD) and it would just be a matter of minutes from the time they are notified until they where airborne. So then it depends on where our aircraft took off from and where is the "target" aircraft--you can look at our Air Force aircraft fact sheets on the F-15 and F-16 fighters (Canada uses mainly CFA-18 aircraft) to determine their speed and look up the speed of the target aircraft with a web search to roughly calculate the time and place the intercept would occur depending on the location of the aircraft. The fact sheets are located at this web site: http://www.af.mil/factsheets/

Here's a very rough example from a non-pilot (me): An F-15, with a top speed of 1,800 mph could intercept an aircraft 600 miles away flying parallel to where the fighter took off in 20+ minutes or so, now if the "target" aircraft is flying at 600 mph and heading toward the place where the fighter took off then the intercept would be at the 400 mile mark and would likely take only 13 minutes or so--theoretically, depending on winds and weather, etc...

vr

MSgt Timothy L. Hoffman, USAF
    Superintendent, Alaskan Command Public Affairs
    9480 Pease Ave, Ste 136
    Elmendorf AFB, AK 99506
    DSN 317-552-7567/2341; comm. (907) 552-7567/2341
    Fax: 317-552-5411

My response...

Thank you very much for your timely, and informative response.^ Would this have been true on 9/11?

Again, thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Jon Gold

His response...

I can't say for certain...but probably not, because before 9/11 our focus was protecting our airspace from EXTERNAL threats--i.e. threats coming from outside North America. Also, before 9/11 as far as I know there was no codified command and control procedure for intercepting civilian domestic flights--since there was never a need for those procedures.

hope this helps,

Tim

My response...

Hi MSgt Hoffman...

I know this is a response that took a while, but after re-reading your response... it doesn't make sense to me that with the money that we spend on defense, no one in the military was focusing on INTERNAL threats at the time of 9/11, and before. If NORAD didn't focus on INTERNAL threats, then who did?

Thank you.

Jon Gold

Dr. Robert Bowman has been quoted as saying, "I know the procedures."

I haven't heard from MSgt Hoffman yet.

AuGmENTor Guest
    That is fuckin awsome.... Getem Jon!