Thread: Is it just Me or am I going...?

1voice2006 Guest

Is it just Me or am I going...?

http://www.opednews.com/articles/ope...misuses_of.htm

OpEdNews
    January 2, 2007

Political misuses of psychiatry- Part 1 - "diagnosing Dubya"
    By Carol Wolman

As a practicing psychiatrist who writes on political subjects, I notice how psychiatric thinking and terminology has pervaded our culture. It's very useful in helping people who are genuinely mentally ill, but often obfuscates situations which are not properly in the domain of psychiatry.

"Diagnosing Dubya"- is the title of a widely circulated piece I wrote in October 2002 http://www.counterpunch.org/wolman1002.html . It was written when Bush was talking about invading Iraq WITHOUT consulting either Congress or the UN.

At the time, the piece helped to highlight how extreme Bush's position was, and to peel off the Teflon coat which he donned after 9-11 the previous year. Soon thereafter, sanity prevailed, and Bush consulted both bodies, getting a green light from Congress and ignoring the red light from the UN.

Now, 4 years later, people are still diagnosing Dubya. KAthryn Wurmser argues that he is a dry drunk and can't help himself. http://www.commondreams.org/views06/1230-21.htm

A Formal Intervention with a Dry Drunk President
    by Katherine van Wormer

Others argue that he has ADD. Or he's psychotic, lost in a fantasy world, and should be removed from office on psychiatric grounds.

None of this addresses the systematic lying and hypocrisy which Bush shows. Nor does it explain why the power brokers in Washington continue to cooperate with him. If he were truly disabled mentally, they would have gotten rid of him long ago. But Bush has survived a devastating election, and gone on to escalate in Iraq, with the cooperation of the "opposition" party, even though the Democrats got a clear mandate from the electorate to get us out of there ASAP. Instead, the Dems have again increased the funding for the occupation, and seem likely to go along with the troop "surge" that Bush is pushing. More dead Americans and Iraqis, more hemorrhaging of the treasury, while Carlyle and Halliburton (Bush and Cheney) get richer.

All the evidence points to a diagnosis of sociopathic personality disorder, which is psychiatrese for EVIL. Bush is a master manipulator and liar, and has systematically accumulated so much power that the loss of his electoral base does not matter. He has entangled so many Democratic Congresspeople in his web of corruption that exposing him risks exposing them to criminal charges as well. We don't know what hooks Bush has into Congress, what sort of blackmail and bribery has gone on, but there is no other explanation for the reluctance of Pelosi et al to challenge him in any meaningful way, given the will of the people they are supposed to represent.

Using psychiatric terminology to describe a demagogue who is destroying the legal basis of government- the Constitution- and plundering the treasury is not only confusing, it diverts the focus of the public from Bush's criminal behavior, where it properly belongs. Instead, people play the intellectual game of diagnosis, which has no possible political application. There is no precedent in this country, that I know of, for removing a high official from office on the basis of mental illness. If the American Psychiatric Association (APA) were to petition Congress to consider impeachment on the basis that Bush is insane, this could conceivably lead somewhere, but the APA is tied into the pharmaceutical companies, which are among Bush's main supporters and beneficiaries, so this will not happen.

I suggest that people refrain from psychiatric diagnosis where Bush (and Cheney) are concerned, and concentrate on the moral issues of good and evil, right and wrong, accountability for criminal behavior, justice.

There is so much evidence pointing to high crimes and misdemeanors, perhaps treason, on the part of Bush and Cheney, that refusing to use the impeachment clause in the Constitution constitutes a high crime on the part of Congress. It was put there by the Founding Fathers for just the sort of situation we face. It's the only remedy we have, and the right one.

Impeachment is peaceful, legal and democratic.
    In the name of the Prince of Peace,

Carol Wolman, MD
    Board Certified in Psychiatry
    Cochair- Impeach Bush-Cheney
    Member- The Longhouse Coalition

Authors Website: http://voteCarolWolmanforCongress.com

Authors Bio: Carol S. Wolman, MD is a psychiatrist in Northern California. A lifelong peace activist, she has written extensively on the psychology of our times. She is actively working to impeach Bush and Cheney, and suggests you join or form a local group at http://impeachbush.meetup.com/ She is running for Congress as a nonpartisan write-in candidate in CA district 1, and is a coordinator of The Longhouse Coalition.

1voice2006 Guest

Part II...

http://www.opednews.com/articles/ope..._abuses_of.htm

Politicial abuses of psychiatry Part II- am I paranoid?

"Paranoia is an excessive anxiety or fear concerning one's own well-being which is considered irrational and excessive, perhaps to the point of being a psychosis. This typically includes persecutory beliefs concerning a likely threat, or a belief in a conspiracy theory." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia

"Reality is a thin line between denial and paranoia." -- Author unknown, but often quoted by the 9/11 truth movement.
    www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/

I confess to enormous anxiety about my well-being and the well-being of my children and grandchildren.

I feel threatened by the Military Commissions Act and the accompanying news that Halliburton is building concentration camps.

I worry about global warming and nuclear proliferation. I worry about the disappearance of species and of wild habitat, the cutting of the rainforest and ocean pollution.

I worry about the fall of the dollar and the ballooning of the national debt.

I worry about the corruption of Congress and stupefaction of "we the people".

I feel threatened by the knowledge that Bush is reading my emails and listening to my phone calls.

And yes, I believe there was a conspiracy of US government officials behind 9-11:

Including George W. Bush, who wasn't surprised.

Including his brother Marvin Bush:
    "Marvin Bush was a principal in a company which provided security for the WTC ... On the weekend of 9/8, 9/9 there was a 'power down' condition in WTC tower 2, the south tower. This power down condition meant there was no electrical supply for approx 36 hrs from floor 50 up... "Of course without power there were no security cameras, no security locks on doors and many, many 'engineers' coming in and out of the tower."
    www.whatreallyhappened.com/911security.html

Including Donald Rumsfeld, who several months prior made sure that it was his finger on the SAC scrambling button in case of hijacked airplanes.
    "Donald Rumsfeld was responsible for issuing USAF intercept orders, but he was 'out of the loop' throughout the 9/11 attacks."www.whatreallyhappened.com/rumsfeld911.html

Including Dick Cheney:
    Dick Cheney was the acting Commander in Chief on 9/11. ... On 9/11 Cheney oversaw multiple war games and terror drills, including several exercises of NORAD ...
    www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/011805_simplify_case.shtml

Am I paranoid? Or am I facing a terrible reality? Are those who accuse me of paranoia actually in denial themselves? Are they using psychiatric terminology to call me crazy and discount what I am saying, so they don't have to take me seriously?

This is a crucial question for all of us. If my fears and anxieties are reality-based, then we need to face the fact that Bush et al have a well-thought out, long-term plan to plunder our country and enslave our people. We have to face the fact that they staged a false-flag operation- 9-11- to terrorize us into accepting their phony "war on terror", their illegal invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan, and all the rest.

If what I believe is true, then Bush is sending our young people to die in Iraq for the sole purpose of consolidating his own power against "we the people". They are dying so that Carlyle and Halliburton can drain our treasury with sweetheart contracts abroad and at home, in the name of "bringing democracy to the Middle East", and "homeland security". Our troops are dying, not to defend our country or to spread a better way of life, but to help Bush and Cheney achieve their personal goals of power and wealth.

I am not alone in my beliefs:

November 2004 CNN Poll: 90% Believe US Government Covering Up 9/11 ... 911: Expose the inside job special. Flashback:. World Trade Center 7 Imploded by Silverstein, www.infowars.com/articles/sept11/cnn_poll2.htm

Aug 2006 More than a third of the American public suspects that federal officials assisted in the 9/11 terrorist attacks or took no action to stop them so the United States could go to war in the Middle East, according to a new Scripps Howard/Ohio University poll.
    www.gnn.tv/threads/18213/Poll_Third_of_Americans_suspect_9_11_inside_job

If we the people are correct that the US government is covering up 9-11, and if those of us who suspect that key officials were complicit are correct, then those officials are guilty of high treason. They are guilty of murdering the 3000 or so who died in the Twin Towers. They are guilty of murdering the 3000 American troops who have died in Iraq, and of murdering the 600,000 Iraqis who have died since the invasion of March 2003.

These are terrible accusations. How convenient to dismiss them by calling us paranoid!

I also believe that the incoming Democratic Congress are already accessories to these crimes by refusing to consider impeachment. If I go to my local police about a murder suspect, they are bound to investigate. The DA is legally bound to consider an indictment against the accused. He doesn't have the option of saying "indictment is off the table".

Congress is the DA for "we the people". Is it not their job to investigate with a view toward impeachment? If they won't do their job, are they not criminally negligent? If I suspect that they've made a secret sweetheart deal with Bush, am I being paranoid?

Psychiatry was abused by the state in Soviet Russia to incarcerate dissenters. They were called "crazy" to question the glorious communist government, and locked up.

For now, in this country, psychiatric labels are being used to marginalize and trivialize dissent. Bush wants to institute "psychiatric screening" of all children- to catch potential dissenters early? How long before our psychiatric hospitals become state gulags?

We must face reality. There IS a criminal conspiracy of high government officials, and the Democratic leadership is probably complicit. What to do about it? I don't know. But facing the truth is the first step.

Nominally at least, we are still under the rule of the US Constitution, with authority belonging to "we the people". We must insist that our elected Representatives carry out our will- to impeach officials who may be guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors.

Impeachment is peaceful, legal and democratic.
    In the name of the Prince of Peace,

Carol Wolman, MD
    Board-Certified in Psychiatry
    Cochair, Impeach Bush-Cheney
    Member, The Longhouse Coalition

AuGmENTor Guest
    BUMP

AuGmENTor Guest
    This was actually a very good article that seems to have been over looked. Shame more people don't read things of this nature...