Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida Teen Has Abortion Blocked By Judge

MissVA15 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophie
    That's because men CAN control themselves. And if they can't, then they have a sexual/mental disorder which should be dealt with immediately. The "dressing provacatively" argument is rubbish.

You've made a very good point, which I completely agree with.
    I agree men can control themselves, but to a point. Dressing provocatively sends signals to guys that you are ready and waiting. And if a female is enjoying the attention that a guy is showing, and things get too far, passed the line that guys have, then there is no turning back, even after she says no.

MissVA15 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    How come the men are staying out of this conversation?
    Because you know that you have very little say in how a women uses her body...

pcteaser Guest
    I think at this point I will step out of this conversation. Some of the attitudes I've read here are the same ones I've been fighting against my whole life and I get the feeling it's like trying to explain the color blue to the blind. I totally respect the right of everyone to hold their own opinions and hopefully, the subject of this thread will find someone who will look out for HER best interests.

Good job to all for presenting different viewpoints on a very difficult subject.

Ophie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MissVA15
    In addressing your first point, obviously you did not read one of my earlier posts is which i said that she should give the child up for adoption. I have a friend whose mom was 15 when she had her, 14 when concieved. My friend was adopted, and is a very healthy and smart individual. The 13 year old could easily give her child up for adoption.

Towards your second point, it was said earlier that they think that she MIGHT have said that it was one of her foster fathers. It isn't a proven that she did say it. Also, if it MIGHT have been, obviously she has been sexually active with other people, of her own choice.

Next, yes I do expect a 13 year old to know how to prevent circumstances in which she can be raped. But that is only if it was unwanted. Life i just said, she probably willingly had sex with other males. If she chooses to have sex, then she better be prepared to deal with the consequences.

And on your last point, I am not saying that there is no way that she was abused by a foster parent. I do understand that things like tat happen, but the System, which people are saying she fell through the cracks of, does try to get the best people for both foster and adoptive parents.

I like how you say "Forcing her to have this baby as some sort of punishment for her actions is what's foolish." It was her actions, as you just stated. Why should someone not have to pay the repercussions for their actions? And also, you say earlier that having the abortion might prevent her from acting foolishly again. I doubt it. Once a female has an abortion, they are more likely to have other ones. It is the easy way out. They do not feel like having this "burden" so they get rid of it by paying a relatively small amount (latest I heard was about $350, depending on where you go). Yes, I agree that having a baby is a difficult thing, but why take something away from someone, or in other words, take a possible future with a good family away from this unborn child? I do not disagree that she is too young to keep a baby for herself, but she is not too young to carry one to full term.

Something else that you said that struck me was that her brain wasn't anywhere close to being fully functional. Just to let you know, by age 6, a child's brain is 95% of the way completed, and the rest isn't finished until about age 25. This girl's brain is capable of making these decisions to have sex and other things of the like. But I do not think her, or anyone, has the right to get rid of an unborn baby just becuase when they find out that they are pregnant they do not want it. There are so many people in this country who want to have babies who cannot, and are willing to adopt one.
    Okay, first of all, I'm in psychology. A child's brain is NOT 95% functional at that age. A six year old cannot properly calculate the consequences of all actions (simple ones, yes, complex ones, no), a six year old barely understand the concept of life and death, and has no concept of the abstract whatsoever, not to mention a whole host of other things. Your number is waaay off. Whereever did you hear that from?
    As to this statement:
    Towards your second point, it was said earlier that they think that she MIGHT have said that it was one of her foster fathers. It isn't a proven that she did say it. Also, if it MIGHT have been, obviously she has been sexually active with other people, of her own choice.

I have no idea what you're saying here. Are you saying that if she was raped by a foster parent, then that automatically means she was having sex with other guys as well? If so, can you explain that logic to me please.

By the tone of your posts, it sounds to me that yes, you want to make her have this baby because she acted foolishly. Now, I don't know if you actually know any 13 year olds, but they act foolishly all the time. You know why? Because they're CHILDREN. Is this child going to be responsible enough to manage proper prenatal care for her baby? I doubt it. She is a product of the system that you think raises such wonderful kids, and look how she turned out. Pregnant at 13. I'm not saying there aren't good Foster parents out there, but for some reason or another, it seems there are more bad ones than good ones. You're talking about this girl as though she were an adult, which she certainly is not.

And lastly, judging from what you've said, I don't think you've ever met anyone who's had an abortion before. It is something never forgotten. And if nothing else, it wakes people up to the realization that perhaps they should be more careful in the future.

Ophie Guest
    I agree men can control themselves, but to a point. Dressing provocatively sends signals to guys that you are ready and waiting. And if a female is enjoying the attention that a guy is showing, and things get too far, passed the line that guys have, then there is no turning back, even after she says no.
    Oh yes there is a turning back. It occurs when she says no. Men can stop, they're not robots. I dress provacatively all the time, and I let men know exactly what they can and cannot do. Strangely enough, they listen.

Simply_sexy Guest
    HELL NO IT DOES NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I want to wear a short skirt because I like it, that's my business. I know that guys will look and make comments, but that gives them no right whatsoever to think that they can have sex with me after I say no!

Simply_sexy Guest
    Ophie always tells it how she sees it! That's one thing that I love about her!!!
    The only other thing that I have to add to her wonderful argument is that even if she is having sex with other guys, that is not an invitation to any guy that she's available.
    That's like saying a woman is married and having sex with her husband so she can then therefore be taken by any guy simply because she's not a virgin!

Simply_sexy Guest
    I know that it kinda feels like everyone's ganging up on you but that's not the case. We're all very outspoken women and this is one subject that we are all very opinionated about!

Giggles Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Simply_sexy
    HELL NO IT DOES NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I want to wear a short skirt because I like it, that's my business. I know that guys will look and make comments, but that gives them no right whatsoever to think that they can have sex with me after I say no!
    I agree big time. I love to wear tight clothing or less of it during summer, but doesn't mean I would want a guy to do any of that stuff to me either. I hate getting attention any ways. I usually don't go out unless I have to I can't stand having people look/starr at me. I will admit there are a few times I had fun playing with guys cause they don't stop starring or pointing or drooling and so on. I mean most of the time it makes me feel uneasy, annoyed, and pissy when they do do it.

Ophie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Simply_sexy
    Ophie always tells it how she sees it! That's one thing that I love about her!!!
    The only other thing that I have to add to her wonderful argument is that even if she is having sex with other guys, that is not an invitation to any guy that she's available.
    That's like saying a woman is married and having sex with her husband so she can then therefore be taken by any guy simply because she's not a virgin!
    Why thank you.

And you've raised another excellent point! Couldn't agree more.