Thread: Senior French Official Thinks It's Possible Bush Administration Behind 9/11

Senior French Official Thinks It's Possible Bush Administration Behind 9/11

In France, a senior pol dares to question the 9/11 tale

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfga...entry_id=18296

7/6/2007

Today, nearly six years after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, does anyone doubt the Bush administration and the mass media's grand narrative about just who was responsible for those shocking, sudden, well-coordinated and super-destructive events?

Well, yes.

For starters, on the strength of irrefutable evidence, the whole world has rejected George W. Bush, Jr. and Dick Cheney's repeated insinuations - which they used as a excuse to start the U.S.-led Iraq war - that the government of former dictator Saddam Hussein was somehow behind the attacks. That claim didn't square with the evidence that Al-Qaeda was responsible, since the terrorist organization led by Osama bin Laden was not operating in Iraq at the time. In any case, today, still, there are some observers who doubt the established, now-familiar media story about the historic attacks that Team Bush seized upon to launch an aimless "war on terror." Apparently, one of them has landed a high-ranking government job in the cabinet of France's new president, Nicolas Sarkozy.

That Doubting Thomas is Christine Boutin, France's new minister of housing and urban affairs.

ReOpen911, a France-based Web site devoted to investigating what took place in New York, Washington, D.C., and a field in Pennsylvania on that fateful day in 2001, and whatever events might have led up to it, is now featuring a video clip shot in November of last year in which Boutin - at that time still not a cabinet minister - is asked: "Do you think that Bush could [have been] behind these attacks?"

Boutin responds: "I think that it's possible."

Two 9/11-questioning bloggers and Karl Zéro, a French TV presenter/personality, take part in the interview/conversation recorded in the video clip. In it, however, Boutin goes on to clearly explain why she might hold this view. It's because, she says, of the numerous Web sites on which "masses" of ordinary citizens, in a serious manner, have been asking and continue to ask questions and to present evidence related to 9/11 that may lead one to doubt the established, media account of the events. Boutin says: "I know that the sites that speak of this problem are the sites that have the greatest numbers of visits....And so, I tell myself, I who am extremely sensitive...to the new techniques of information and communication, that this expression of the mass of the people cannot be without any truth." (From ReOpen911, quoted by Le Monde)

Le Monde reports that the complete version of this same video, from which the brief extract that appears on the ReOpen911 Web site was taken, can be found on Karl Zéro's Web site. In the longer version of the interview, the newspaper reports, one hears Boutin go on to say: "I'm not telling you that I adhere to that position" - to the idea, that is, that the Bush administration could have or did have anything to do with the planning or execution of the 9/11 attacks - "but let's say that, nevertheless, I'm questioning myself a bit on this question."

A spokesman for Boutin has criticized ReOpen911's presentation on its Web site of a "truncated" version of Karl Zéro and the two bloggers' now months-old interview/conversation with her, which, the spokesman said, only serves to stir up "a polemic." Boutin's statement in the complete interview - when she says, "I'm not telling you that I adhere to that position" - makes it clear that she is not buying into any sort of conspiracy theory about the September 11, 2001 events, the spokesman pointed out. His boss's months-old remarks aren't worth whipping up into a scandal, he added. After all, as a cabinet-level member of Sarkozy's government, Boutin deals with housing and domestic concerns in France's cities. Her spokesman noted: "She isn't the minister of foreign affairs!"
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

Bush plot in 9/11 denied

http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/Story...&IssueID=30110

7/8/2007

PARIS: French Housing Minister Christine Boutin has sought to play down remarks she made last year suggesting that US President George W Bush might have been behind the September 11, 2001 attacks.

A website, which promotes 9/11 conspiracy theories, has posted a video clip of Boutin being asked in an interview last November, before she became minister, whether she thought Bush might be behind the attacks. She says: "I think it is possible. I think it is possible."

Boutin's office played down the remarks.

Chana3812 Guest
    She doesn't want to be suddenly suicided

Minister has to deny linking Bush to 9/11 attack

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2045921.ece

Charles Bremner in Paris
    July 9, 2007

A French Cabinet minister sought yesterday to play down remarks in which she appeared to say that President Bush may have been behind the terrorist attacks on the United States on September 11, 2001.

Christine Boutin, 63, Minister for Housing and Town Planning in President Sarkozy’s Government, said that her comments had been distorted in a video that was circulated on the internet.

During an interview with a small French television channel in November, Ms Boutin was asked if the Bush Administration might have been involved in the destruction of the World Trade Centre in New York, and the attack on the Pentagon. “I think it is possible,” she said.

Ms Boutin, who is known for her conservative Catholic views, said in the interview that she had been impressed by the strength of opinion on the internet that favoured the notion of a US conspiracy in the 9/11 attacks. “I know that the websites that speak of this problem are websites that have the highest number of visits . . . And I tell myself that this expression of the masses and of the people cannot be without any truth,” she said.

Ms Boutin’s office noted yesterday that the internet video had dropped the next sentence, in which she said: “I’m not telling you that I adhere to that position.” Christian Dupont, chief of staff for Ms Boutin, said that her remarks had been distorted to create a row.

They nevertheless embarrassed the Sarkozy administration as it seeks to restore relations with Washington after years of friction under President Chirac. France has been fertile ground for conspiracy theories on the 2001 attacks. In 2002 Thierry Meyssan, a French conspiracy theorist, scored a French bestseller with a book that claimed that no airliner hit the Pentagon on September 11.