Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why does the right insist on spreading lies about Al Gore?

Chana3812 Guest

Why does the right insist on spreading lies about Al Gore?

I've often wondered ......
    Why does the right insist on spreading lies about Al Gore?
    By: SilentPatriot on Thursday, March 22nd, 2007 at 5:23 PM - PDT
    The nonstop barrage of attacks on Al Gore from the far-right tells me one thing: they're terrified of the former Vice President and the influence he continues to wield. Last night on Scarborough Country, Republican strategist Terry Holt advanced for the umpteenth time the right's favorite Al Gore smear — that he claimed to have invented the interent. This juvenile nonsense has been debunked time and time again, but since these hacks continue to employ it, here we go again.

Download (11) | Play (3) Download (1) | Play (6)

It all started when the wingnuts seized on this statement Al Gore made to Wolf Blitzer in 1999. Since the right is so devoid of substance and couldn't challenge Gore on a policy basis, they took this phrase and attacked Al Gore (with the help of the media who dutifully recited the attack) as a pompous liar and serial exaggerator; something that continues to this day.

Why don't we ask Bob Kahn and Vint Cerf, two men who could really claim to have "invented the internet," what they think about Al Gore:

[T]here is no question in our minds that while serving as Senator, Gore's initiatives had a significant and beneficial effect on the still-evolving Internet. The fact of the matter is that Gore was talking about and promoting the Internet long before most people were listening.
    While his phrasing was clumsy and somewhat self-serving, the fact is, as Senator, Al Gore did take the legislative initiative and help pave the way for the internet as we know it today. Instead of acknowledging this, the wingnuts twist his words and attack his character. By now you think they would have grown up a little bit. Unfortunately, they never cease to amaze.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/0...about-al-gore/

Those of us who actually spent time ... getting to know Vice President Gore's contributions to society and concerns about our world ... are deeply offended by those who don't take the time to seek the truth about this issue.

Al Gore is a great guy, and I had the pleasure of meeting him while working on his presidential campaign in 2000 .... and his wife, Tipper, is a real sweetheart too !!

somebigguy Guest
    Gore could have stood up and fought an obvious stolen election in 2000. He chose not to, and look where we are now. Make no mistake, he is a scumbag like the rest of them.

AuGmENTor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by somebigguy
    Gore could have stood up and fought an obvious stolen election in 2000. He chose not to, and look where we are now. Make no mistake, he is a scumbag like the rest of them.
    Amen brother! Nothing personal against this DOUCHE. He's nothing more special than any of the OTHER douches. I read some of his quotes and have to laugh sooo hard at what a MORON this guy is. And I get labled as stupid by ppl who love him. Any politician you support in todays world is a gross display of your OWN ignorance. Not to say there are no good people in politics. But they can't make a difference in a system so corrupt. And if they try too hard, they get JFK'd. Thats how you KNOW they are scumbags... The ones who do the best are the scummiest.

AuGmENTor Guest
    IMO tipper looks more like a man than Al does these days... Any thoughts?
    Last edited by AuGmENTor; 03-23-2007 at 06:08 AM.

MrDark71 Guest
    She did lead the PMRC

Chana3812 Guest
    I guess I live on a different planet that you guys. I seem to recall a famous election dispute that ended at the supreme court - with the judges handing over the presidency to monkey that's running our country into the ground. Maybe I dreamed it .....

werther Guest
    Honestly, I flip-flop on whether I like this guy or not...but Darko is right...Tipper did start the PMRC. Which actually brings her up a few notches in my book. I mean it helped me determine which tapes I wanted to buy when I was a kid, the ones with the Parental Guidance stickers on them.

Chana3812 Guest
    But they can't make a difference in a system so corrupt. And if they try too hard, they get JFK'd.
    I think this is why Al Gore chooses to stay out of politics today. There was a Good Reason why the 2000 election was hijacked. Gore wasn't going to play dirty and they knew it.

AuGmENTor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chana3812
    I think this is why Al Gore chooses to stay out of politics today. There was a Good Reason why the 2000 election was hijacked. Gore wasn't going to play dirty and they knew it.
    Exactly. He knew that to push would result in his immediate murder. And if you had a large caliber weapon in my ear and FORCED me to pick something about him that didn't make me want to vomit, I would have to say that I respected that he stuck around in ANY capacity, and is trying to do what he feels is the right thing. I question everyones motives.... especially the filthy rich.
    See Chana, while I have nothing at all personal against you (I didn't bring it there, I was just being my usual stubborn self) I don't believe it matters WHO is in there. There is not a single politician ON THE PLANET, who I think can do a fucking thing about a system so helplessly corrupt. That is not to say I don't believe none of these people have good IN them. There are no doubt some that do. But let one of them try to do ANYTHING beyond global elite parameters, and they will be either McKinney'd, or Kennedy'd very shortly after they step out of the box...

AuGmENTor Guest
    http://www.investors.com/editorial/e...59542253407130

Solar Eclipse Of The Facts
    INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY

Posted 3/23/2007

Environmentalism: The same day that Al Gore lectured Congress about man-made global warming, NASA made a startling announcement: The sun is hotter and more active than thought.

NASA detailed new observations of solar explosions from a powerful space telescope that recently beamed back X-ray images of the sun's outermost layer. Scientists expected to see a calm region but instead saw a bubbling mass of swaying and arching spikes, some more than 5,000 miles long . The tangled magnetic fields dump energy back into the corona, causing huge temperature flares.

The sunspot intensity shocked NASA astronomers, who held the press conference in Washington as Gore testified nearby that the planet has a 'fever' caused by carbon-spewing humans. Of course, the media were too busy genuflecting before The Goracle on the Hill to cover the NASA news.

'If your baby has a fever, you go to the doctor,' Gore intoned. 'If the doctor says you need to intervene, you take action.'

Yes, action such as 'completely eliminating the internal combustion engine' and riding bicycles, taxing factories into bankruptcy and building windmills. In short, creating a 'carbon-free economy' and impoverishing everyone in the process.

But what if the doctor has misdiagnosed the cause of the fever? What if the remedy Gore is prescribing is dead wrong?

He and the rest of the greenhouse gasbags won't even entertain the simplest explanation for global warming. Like a solar eclipse, they've blotted out debate on the sun's factor, despite growing evidence to support it.

As we have pointed out, global temps closely track solar cycles as measured by sunspot intensity. The Danish Meteorological Institute first reported the correlation in a study going back centuries. Historic data reveal that whenever the sun heated up, the earth heated up, and vice versa.

The sun causes global warming? What a concept!

But Gore shamelessly buried the inconvenient truth of the study in the footnotes of his book. If he acknowledged the sun's role in global warming, how could he justify taxing industry and launching his massive wealth-transfer scheme?

Here's another fact he won't talk about on his way to a Nobel Prize: Mars is also warming. NASA says ice caps near that planet's south pole are melting. A growing number of scientists say solar irradiance is heating both Mars and Earth simultaneously.

And here's another inconvenient fact: The sun's radiation has increased by 0.5% per decade since the late 1970s, while carbon output has waxed and waned with global recessions. If warming were caused by carbon output, you'd expect to see temps fall in slumps and rise in booms along with carbon output. Data show no such link.

The Hoover Institution ran the numbers. 'The effects of solar activity and volcanoes were impossible to miss. Temperatures fluctuated exactly as expected, and the pattern was so clear that, statistically, the odds of the correlation existing by chance were less than 1 in 100,' according to a study earlier this decade by Hoover fellow Bruce Berkowitz.

'Yet try as we might,' the study added, 'we simply could not find any relationship between industrial activity, energy consumption, and changes in global temperatures. We tried adjusting for delayed effects. We tried adjusting for cumulative effects. Nothing — the relationship wasn't there.'

The study concluded that even if you completely shut down factories and power plants — as Gore recommends — 'there would not be much effect on temperatures.'

Ouch, so much for that theory. If the planet has a 'fever,' it more than likely got it from the sun, not furnaces and engines.