Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Media abuse of "al Qaeda" connections reaches new low

AuGmENTor Guest
    In my opinion, you could easily get rid of 2/3's of the government, save a ton of cash and STILL have all the services you mentioned... with money left over. I'm not saying no government. But what we have now is so hopelessly corrupt that to try and cure it would be roughly akin to treating level three cancer with prayer sessions. It's just not gonna happen. Big business and government are too inextricably linked to be seperated.
    It is further my opinion that these criminals will have their will and kill millions of us before people stop all this rhetorical bullshit and actually DO something.

Then safeguards need to be put in place. Some way to insure that the individuals serving the people, do exactly that.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

AuGmENTor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    Then safeguards need to be put in place. Some way to insure that the individuals serving the people, do exactly that.
    What's sad is, we HAD those. ANd after years and years, they have been circumvented.

The easiest way to bring real politicians into Washington D.C. is to reform campaign laws. For example, if there was a set limit as to what someone can spend on a campaign, that would open up the playing field for legitimate people who might not have a lot of money. It would be unlawful for the media to ignore a candidate with a legitimate following. Getting into the media opens up another can o' worms entirely...

AuGmENTor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold9472
    Getting into the media opens up another can o' worms entirely...
    It certainly is. But it does go right back to big business manipulating everything they want you to see... And that has a direct effect on government.

Heh... media is what this thread is about.

AuGmENTor Guest
    Oh ahahaha, I just noticed. We do go way off sometimes. Well, I do anyway...

simuvac Guest
    I remember Biden talking about fundraising one time, and he blamed it on TV. It's TV's fault, because commercials are expensive and the candidates have to reach voters through the TV.

That was his story, and he's sticking to it.

He means he would need more money than a limit would allow in order to win.