Thread: China sentences former food and drugs chief to death

Chana3812 Guest

China sentences former food and drugs chief to death

Wow - Now that's getting tough on corruption !!

Source: Guardian, UK

Jonathan Watts in Beijing
    Tuesday May 29, 2007
    Guardian Unlimited

The disgraced head of China's food and drug agency was sentenced to death today amid a wave of consumer safety scandals that have rippled across the world.

Zheng Xiaoyu was found guilty of accepting 6.5m yuan (£433,000) worth of bribes from pharmaceutical companies to expedite the approval of new drugs.

Underscoring the state's determination to crackdown on corruption and consumer safety violations, he is the most senior official to receive the death penalty in seven years....The unusually harsh penalty may have been handed down to reassure foreign as well as Chinese consumers that the government is taking action.

Earlier this month, Australia, Panama and the Dominican Republic recalled thousands of tubes of Chinese-made toothpaste that allegedly contained dangerous levels of diethylene glycol, a toxin...In April, the US government blamed tainted pet food from China for the fatal poisoning of several dogs and cats. ...

Read more: http://www.guardian.co.uk/china/story/0,,2090404,00.htm...

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    They need to start doing that in this country with all the chemicals put in our food and water. Punk bitches.

Chana3812 Guest
    and Chem trails !!

Every fricking day, there are chem trails in the sky over Tampa.

every damn day .......

what the f*k are they spraying on us???

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Yeah that sucks. In the tape water too, they put chems like floride and other things which the Nazi's used to keep people docile.

AuGmENTor Guest

he is the most senior official to receive the death penalty in seven years....

I'd like to know if he is the most senior, how man all together have been wacked? No fuckin around in China. Getting caught for corruption as a government official is cause for the death penalty? I don't agree with alot of the shit they do over there, but I'm all for that part!

AuGmENTor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilosophyGenius
    Yeah that sucks. In the tape water too, they put chems like floride and other things which the Nazi's used to keep people docile.
    Flouride keeps people docile? I see an awful lot of aggressive type crime in todays world.

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AuGmENTor
    Flouride keeps people docile? I see an awful lot of aggressive type crime in todays world.
    http://yourbbsucks.com/forum/showthr...hlight=floride