Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elton John To Wed Longtime Partner

Elton John To Wed Longtime Partner

Elton John to wed longtime partner
    Ceremony planned for December, when law changes in Britain

Updated: 10:20 a.m. ET April 25, 2005
    LONDON - British pop star Elton John intends to marry his long-term partner David Furnish some time this year or in 2006, his publicist said on Monday.

The singer told the Mirror tabloid that he and Furnish wanted to hold a civil partnership ceremony in Windsor, near London, in mid-December, although publicist Gary Farrow said John had added it could take place some time next year.

“He (John) said that it may be by Christmas and it may be next year,” Farrow told Reuters.

He added that one of John’s main motivations for going ahead with the ceremony was financial.

Civil partnerships between gay couples will be allowed in Britain from December 5 and give partners tax breaks available to married couples.

John, 58, and Furnish, 42, have been partners for more than 11 years. A Web site recently speculated the couple was splitting up, prompting Furnish to say that they had “never been happier”.

John told the Mirror that Furnish should not expect many of the trappings of a regular marriage.

“There will be no honeymoon. I’m on tour,” he said.

John has sold tens of millions of records worldwide and is best known for classic tracks including “Candle in the Wind” and “Rocket Man”.

He has signed an agreement to perform 75 shows over three years in Las Vegas and is also touring the United States, Europe and Canada over the coming months.

John, born Reginald Kenneth Dwight, previously married German music engineer Renate Blauel in 1984. She and John divorced four years later.

Copyright 2005 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters.
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

I only posted this because I didn't know that Britain was going to legalize "Gay Marriage". Good for them.

WhiteGuySaysThis Guest
    NOOOOOOOOOOO... I thought he loved me!!!!!!
    How can you not love my baby face.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteguysaysthis
    NOOOOOOOOOOO... I thought he loved me!!!!!!
    How can you not love my baby face.
    It's ok man. There's still Mick Jagger.

miss_muffet Guest
    now the U.S. needs to follow suit and do the same about gay marriage.

laurabears Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by miss_muffet
    now the U.S. needs to follow suit and do the same about gay marriage.
    Like that will ever happen . . . fucking Ohio managed to pass their anti-all unions that are not a man and woman getting married law last election.

The thing I think is funny is that Britain's Catholics are "old school" Catholics, and yet, they still managed to change the law.

WhiteGuySaysThis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by laurabears
    Like that will ever happen . . . fucking Ohio managed to pass their anti-all unions that are not a man and woman getting married law last election.
    YEA!!! Damn them fucking Ohioans. First the fuck up the election and then the gay marriage thing!

laurabears Guest
    I am not very happy with them right now even if I was born there . . . i proudly say that I voted against that stupid law! It not only banned gay marriage but also any civil unions what so ever . . . even heterosexual ones~!

WhiteGuySaysThis Guest
    WHAT?! I just married my "life partner" here in Ohio. You know him as Gold9472.