Thread: Va. Tech Shooter's Sister Works With State Department

Chana3812 Guest

Va. Tech Shooter's Sister Works With State Department

Va. Tech Shooter's Sister Works With State Department

Princeton Graduate Once Interned at U.S. Embassy in Bangkok

By KIRIT RADIA and ARIANE DEVOGUE

April 17, 2007 — - The sister of Seung-hui Cho, the man accused of carrying out the worst day of violence on a college campus in U.S. history, works out of the State Department as a contractor, government officials told ABC News.

Sun-Kyung Cho, the shooter's older sister, is listed in the State Department directory as a personnel assistant at the Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs, but sources say she reports to McNeil Technologies, which is one of the many administrative/managerial support contractors used for Iraq reconstruction management projects.

Ms. Cho graduated from Princeton University in 2004 with an undergraduate degree in economics. This evening, Princeton is planning a candlelight vigil in remembrance of those who lost their lives at Virginia Tech Monday.

In an interview with the Princeton Weekly Bulletin, Cho said that in 2003, she spent the "most amazing three months of my life" as an unpaid intern in the economics section of the U.S. embassy in Bangkok. According to the online article, Cho also interned the previous summer at the State Department's international labor office.

She filed a story for the campus newspaper and also volunteered for a Princeton organization that was formed to create social and cultural programs for young people affected by the attacks of Sept. 11.

While at Princeton, Cho wrote her 54-page thesis on "Wage Earning: A Case Study of the Hmong and Korean Populations in the State of California." Before attending Princeton, she graduated from Centreville High School in 2000.

Phone messages left with McNeil Technologies were not immediately returned.

Copyright © 2007 ABC News Internet Ventures

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    IT WAS AN INSIDE JOB

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    But on a serious note, this is unforutet for all parties involved. Thoughts and prayers go to them.

beltman713 Guest
    This girl is going to be hounded to death over something she had nothing to do with.

Eckolaker Guest
    This whole incident smells like shit. Every emerging detail makes the stench that much more un-barable.

9mm bullets don't kill people from across the class room.

AuGmENTor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckolaker
    This whole incident smells like shit. Every emerging detail makes the stench that much more un-barable.

9mm bullets don't kill people from across the class room.
    Thats the second time I've heard that said today. They certainly can. It has alot to do with how many grains of powder the cartriges are loaded with, as well as what type of slugs they are. Law enforcement typically uses a lower powder value, to limit innocent bystanders being killed, and going through walls and all that good stuff. 9mm's are actaully a pretty bad-ass caliber if they have a good charge pushing them. Think about this... NATO caliber is 5.56. A Colt M-4 will fuck up your entire day. I'm not saying this doesn't stink to high heaven, it really does. You don't have to listen to me, but I really do know what I'm talking about.

AuGmENTor Guest
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMGmJ...ntrolled%2Ehtm

This guy is having trouble believing it also. He says that he assumed the guy had used a shotgun or assault rifle. Again, depending on the "shot" used in a shotgun, I would be alot MORE surprised if the guy had used one of those. Even in a classroom setting, the spread would be wide enough to make fatalaties something you could place good odds against. You'd WOUND lots of ppl, and surely deafen them.