Letters: There are still too many questions about 9/11

http://www.thenorthwestern.com/apps/...191/OSHopinion

4/1/2007

I have an answer for everyone who wonders why some people still doubt the 'official' story concerning the events of 9/11. The answer is simply this. There are too many unanswered questions. Let me explain.

The Internet allows access to archival news footage. For some time now, everyday citizens (some in related professional fields) have been analyzing it and finding glaring inconsistencies with the 'official' story reported by major news outlets, the 9/11 commission, and the testimony from hearings.

Some have written about it, shown video clips, or set up web sites showing these inconsistencies. Some have even made documentary DVDs compiling sources of all types. These include huge amounts of factual, scientific and eyewitness evidence. These documentaries, as well as other independent investigations, paint a very different story of what we were told happened.

Every single time one of these alternative viewpoints is discussed, they are immediately labeled as crazy, unpatriotic and worse. For some reason, however, raising questions about 9/11 is looked at as sedition and un-American.

Asking questions and not believing everything you are told is not un-American. It is our duty as Americans. We are the ones who keep our government in check. Not the other way around.

That is how these 'conspiracy theorists' think. Trust me. They love their country very much and don't want to lose it. They just feel they have been lied to.

To quote our president from November 10 of 2001, "Let us never tolerate outrageous conspiracy concerning the attacks of September the 11th." Fine. A theory is just a thought or an idea. When you start to have facts, however, it no longer is just a theory. It becomes probable. The more facts you have, the more probable it becomes.

Peter Zaborski Oshkosh