Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coulter's Slur Against Edwards Stirs Outrage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Coulter's Slur Against Edwards Stirs Outrage

Coulter's Slur Against Edwards Stirs Outrage
    Many Think Pundit May Have Gone Too Far

http://www.wnbc.com/news/11168421/detail.html

(Gold9472: How hard would it have been for them to say, "A documentary about the 9/11 widows entitled, "9/11: Press For Truth" has recently been released.")

POSTED: 7:48 am EST March 4, 2007

Ann Coulter made the comment Friday while speaking to GOP activists attending the annual Conservative Political Action Conference.

"I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, but it turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word 'faggot,' so I -- so kind of an impasse, can't really talk about Edwards. So I think I'll just conclude here and take your questions," Coulter said.

At first her audience seemed shocked, but then many started to clap.

Democrats were quick to condemn her remark.

Howard Dean, the Democratic National Committee chairman, called on Republican presidential contenders to denounce the "hate-filled" comment.

"Republicans including the Republican presidential candidates who shared the podium with Ann Coulter today should denounce her hateful remarks," said Dean in a press release.

Edwards' campaign sent an e-mail to supporters calling the comment a "shameless display of bigotry." It asked supporters to help raise $100,000 in what it calls "Coulter Cash" to show Edwards can't be intimidated by such attacks.

Edwards' Web site said, "We must show that inflaming prejudice to attack progressive leaders will only backfire."

Bloggers spread the news of the slur far and wide on the Internet. It wasn't long before three of the best-known Republican presidential hopefuls also condemned Coulter.

Sen. John McCain, of Arizona; former mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani, of New York; and Mitt Romney, of Massachusetts spoke against her remarks.

"The comments were wildly inappropriate," McCain's spokesman, Brian Jones, said, according to the New York Times.

The Times reported that Giuliani said, "The comments were completely inappropriate and there should be no place for such name-calling in political debate."

Romney also spoke at the event, where he jokingly told the crowd Coulter was a "moderate." But he did later denounce the remarks.

"It was an offensive remark. Gov. Romney believes all people should be treated with dignity and respect," Kevin Madden, a spokesman for Mr. Romney, told the Times.

During her speech, Coulter said she was likely to support Romney.

Coulter is the same person who called outspoken 9/11 widows "self-obsessed," saying they enjoyed their husbands' deaths.

Coulter wrote in her book, "Godless: The Church of Liberalism," that a group of New Jersey widows whose husbands died in the World Trade Center act "as if the terrorist attacks happened only to them."

She also wrote, "I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much."
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

Sent to wnbc.newsdesk@nbcuni.com

To whom it may concern,

Today you published an article entitled, "Coulter's Slur Against Edwards Stirs Outrage" available here:

http://www.wnbc.com/news/11168421/detail.html

In that article you mentioned the following:

Coulter is the same person who called outspoken 9/11 widows "self-obsessed," saying they enjoyed their husbands' deaths.

Coulter wrote in her book, "Godless: The Church of Liberalism," that a group of New Jersey widows whose husbands died in the World Trade Center act "as if the terrorist attacks happened only to them."

She also wrote, "I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much."

A documentary about these very same widows has been released entitled, "9/11: Press For Truth" that brings the entire 9/11 Report into question.

That is extremely newsworthy.

Jon Gold
    No One Knows Everything. Only Together May We Find The Truth JG

Good Doctor HST Guest
    You know, normally I don't condone physical violence against females, but in her case I'd make an exception. She's a disgusting human being.

Chana3812 Guest
    Candidates Denounce Coulter's Slur

By ADAM NAGOURNEY The New York Times

Published: Mar 4, 2007

WASHINGTON - Three of the leading Republican presidential candidates on Saturday denounced one of their party's best-known conservative commentators for using an antigay epithet when discussing a Democratic presidential contender at a gathering of conservatives here.

The remarks by Ann Coulter, an author who regularly speaks at conservative events, were sharply denounced by the candidates, Sen. John McCain of Arizona, Rudolph Giuliani of New York and Mitt Romney of Massachusetts. Their statements came after Democrats, gay rights groups and bloggers raised a storm of protest over the remarks.

Speaking Friday at the Conservative Political Action Conference before an overflow crowd, Coulter said, "I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate, John Edwards, but it turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word 'faggot,' so I - so kind of an impasse, can't really talk about Edwards."

Edwards' aides responded with an e-mail that attacked Coulter and urged supporters to donate to Edwards' campaign.

"John was singled out for a personal attack because the Republican establishment knows he poses the greatest threat to their power," said his campaign manager, David E. Bonior. "Since they have nothing real to use against him, Coulter's resorting to the classic right-wing strategy of riling up hate to smear a progressive champion."

Chana3812 Guest
    DAMN, I HATE THAT BITCH

PhilosophyGenius Guest
    please die

Chana3812 Guest
    yada yada yada

can I shoot her please

problem solved

AuGmENTor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaddowHawk7
    Certainly, you can shoot her:
    Hatred + Hating hatred x ill-will +murder = 200% negative energy + voice in prison

BAD GUYS: 2

CREDENCE:-1
    I wholeheartedly agree with you. I am a gun owner advocate fer sure. Cappin the mouthy ones does nothing to help us. And if I WAS gonna shoot one, I could do lots better than the likes of her. (Looks like coke is gonna finish THAT hole off for us anyway) wOOt

MrDark71 Guest
    ................hold on there people........she's a woman?

AuGmENTor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDark71
    ................hold on there people........she's a woman?
    Hard to believe ain't it? Ppl like her make me think that maybe there ARE aliens walking among us. She just doesnt look quite human...